Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What A Day!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
It has been a heck of a day, that all started on the last day of the ATA show. A good friend of mine that goes and checks trail cameras with me a lot called and said the weather was beautiful, do I mind if he goes and checks a couple of cameras while I am gone. I told him go ahead and have fun and let me know if there are any new pics of the Split Brow buck. Well he calls me as we are getting to leave Louisville and head back to Minnesota and says there is a pic of the Split Brow with both sides at about 10 am and another pic about 3 pm with only one side. I asked him which camera and I got pretty excited and said I know that shed is within 100 yards of the camera. Right then I decided we are driving straight thru and look for the shed at first light. A couple of friends decided to join me in the search. Once we got up on the point where I thought the shed would be I went out to the point to backtrack the trail he likes to take to the camera. A couple of the guys decided to walk directly to the camera and one of my friends found it less than 5 minutes from when we got up on the point. This was awesome to finally put my hands on one of his antlers and to share it with good friends made it even better. I am putting my favorite pic of him up and the pic right before and after the shed dropped.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
That is the earliest I have heard of him shedding but I think it is because they started their antler growth earlier this year. He was really developed by the first part of July.

That shouldn't matter. You guys must of killed all the does off and he aint getting any...lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great trail camera pictures of him, but my opinion is the shed looks better than the pictures. I think that picture of you holding the shed gives it more perspective. He is quite an impressive deer. How long does your season there last? Is he safe from other hunters? Would suck to have someone drop him as a shed buck.