Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

old guy young hunter

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO! Bowhunting is trial and error. Read as much as you can and try applying it in the field. Always do your best to use the wind to your advantage and practice with your bow till your ultra-confident and shoot consistent groups inside 2o-25 yards and you should be set. When you see a target animal whether its a buck,doe,yote or other target animal concentrate on the kill zone and settle the appropriate pin in the center of the kill zone and start a slight squeeze of the trigger on your release. Good luck and happy hunting!

Bowlowe

thanks again guys, ive been practicing a ton with my bow (hoyt rampage). i was also fortunate enough to talk to a local farmer and secure a spot to hunt next season, me and a friend went out and walked the property and found tracks and sign all over, i feel confident with my bow just not confident enough to hunt yet not wanting to cop out just want to feel good about making a clean ethical shot. can't wait till next season but then there is a whole spring and summer of fishing to get done.

Ricer2231

Welcome to a great site with a lot of good people willing to share their knowledge. Ya gotta ask questions and read the answers, it's as simple as that. Confidence in your ability is the number one priority. Once ya get confidence every shot opportunity will feel like a gimme. Glad to have ya here.