Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Spin Feeders

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I like to have some type of corn on my farm at all times, I currently have a few gravity feeders which I like, but I cant afford to keep them full.

I want to limit it to one Gravity feeder, and two good spin feeders.

what do you all like? Mine got ruined by a black bear a few years ago.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have two Moultries. They have done me good as long as I get clean corn...

I normally buy corn from TSC, not deer corn just the big 50lb yellow bags. I notice it has some stubble in it at times.

You buy from a farmer or what?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Either a local farmer I know or the local feed mill. Buy a lot of ear corn TOO when it gets real cold, but that's been hard to come by lately.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Either a local farmer I know or the local feed mill. Buy a lot of ear corn TOO when it gets real cold, but that's been hard to come by lately.

I aint to far from you man, I just got a 1500, but if itll help you get a better deal, and they got enough let me know. Ill buy a boat load.

Gordo

Athens County
Hey AT. You should be hitting up shade river ag. Its just east of athens off of sr 50.

Cheapest route to go unless you can go straight to the farmer

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had a deal set up a while back, but didn't want to drive the 2 hours to get it. I'll let ya know if I put something else together. Looking for ear corn at $6-7 or less a bushel.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey AT. You should be hitting up shade river ag. Its just east of athens off of sr 50.

Cheapest route to go unless you can go straight to the farmer

I have seen that before, just never stopped! Ill have to check it out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've used the american hunter feeders for about 5 years, no problems other than coons getting into timer mechanism.

Them bastards are always tinkering...... Probably trying too get it too feed them more often...... :smiley_coolpeace:

Lundy

I have multiple Moultrie EZFill feeders

$100 , work very well, low enough to fill without needing to stand on something, battery life is very good. Up to six feed times, easy to set. I have no complaints

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I have multiple Moultrie EZFill feeders

$100 , work very well, low enough to fill without needing to stand on something, battery life is very good. Up to six feed times, easy to set. I have no complaints

X2 We have two of them we put out over the winter and they haven't let us down yet.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Whatever you decide to buy Albert, you'll definitely need to buy or make a critter( primarily coon) cage around the spinner cuz those furballs will rob you blind! My BIL got one on-line for about $30 dollars and it worked pretty good. He has a Cabelas brand feeder(30 gal) I think.

Good luck

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Whatever you decide to buy Albert, you'll definitely need to buy or make a critter( primarily coon) cage around the spinner cuz those furballs will rob you blind! My BIL got one on-line for about $30 dollars and it worked pretty good. He has a Cabelas brand feeder(30 gal) I think.

Good luck

Thanks man, thats the problem I am having now. I use just gravity feeders, and the racoons are robbing me blind.

Lundy

The Moultrie EZ Fills come with a varmint guard built in as standard.

The game cams show that I have little trouble with the coons and learning how to get the corn out of the spinner. I do however have one group of does at one location that have learned how to use their tongue and get the corn they want, when they want with some effort on their part.

These feeders hold 200 lbs and I only feed a couple of times a day for 10-12 seconds at each feeding. With those settings I can go a few weeks without refilling. At the one location those does can drain the feeder, through the varmint guard, of 200 lbs in about a week. I need to make a larger diameter guard so they can't reach the spinner with their tongue.