Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Roger Rothhaar Books

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Holy fuggin' shitzky! Have you seen the prices on his books?!? For that price, I better be guaranteed a kill! I wanted to pick both up for reading while we are at the hospital and when we come home, but fugg that!!!

Are they really worth the coin?

mrex

*Supporting member*
The 2nd book, Whitetail Magic is a hardback and basically encompasses everything from the first book. As far as $ is concerned, I'm guessing that his cost are through the roof. Our last printing of the BBBC Record Book cost us over $50 each and it's a soft back. It wouldn't surprise me if the sale price is over $100/copy.

As for the content, there's not a lot in there that you don't already know, however, when Roger was writing it most of the info was cutting edge stuff. IMO, Roger Rothhaar has put more thought into how to get within bow range of trophy whitetail deer than anyone. Whitetail Magic is an excellent read!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Holy fuggin' shitzky! Have you seen the prices on his books?!? For that price, I better be guaranteed a kill! I wanted to pick both up for reading while we are at the hospital and when we come home, but fugg that!!!

Are they really worth the coin?

No...Roger hasn't killed anything this year and says Iowa is in the same boat as ohio. Three years ago they killed 30 does off his property and now he's seeing the consequences from it. He's seen one buck that will score around 150 and that's the biggest one this year.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I considered buying his books a while back too, but once I saw the price I changed my mind pretty quick. If I were to stumble on a copy for dirt cheap I'd pick it up... But shit, I can buy a lot of other very useful items for 100 bones.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
They are 25 bucks on black widows site....www.blackwidowbows.com...
Its a cool ass book..well worth it..it he wrote a third book id pay 200 for it. You need to see the area he was doing this in also...

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Feel like a broken record Milo? Last time you gave this hint out I snagged Whitetail Magic. It is a great read. I don't know that there are any big secrets in there but it is well written. It is informative, and it has many stories from back in the day when deer were scarce let alone big deer. I need to go steal it back from my buddy so I can read it again.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Feel like a broken record Milo? Last time you gave this hint out I snagged Whitetail Magic. It is a great read. I don't know that there are any big secrets in there but it is well written. It is informative, and it has many stories from back in the day when deer were scarce let alone big deer. I need to go steal it back from my buddy so I can read it again.

you have no idea phil but pretty much:smiley_blackeye: