Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smoker?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Do yourself a favor and read the whole "Scent Smoker's Are In" thread. Learn the sound of a smoker turning into a blow-torch. I learned the hard way and hope you do not!rotflmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do yourself a favor and read the whole "Scent Smoker's Are In" thread. Learn the sound of a smoker turning into a blow-torch. I learned the hard way and hope you do not!rotflmao

The funny thing about that is, no matter how many people warn you about it, you're still going to learn it the hard way. It's like a right-of-passage for becoming a true Scent Smokerist. lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
The funny thing about that is, no matter how many people warn you about it, you're still going to learn it the hard way. It's like a right-of-passage for becoming a true Scent Smokerist. lol

No doubt! I just about burnt my left brow on the Thursday or gun season. I've been doing this for three years now, you would think I'd know better by now.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

rotflmao Isn't that the truth! They say you can't buy experience. :tantrum:

hunter56

Tried out the Smoker today. Worked great, few hickory chips got it going then added some more and I was "Smoking". Anxious for some hunting now. Thanks everybody for your help.

hunter56

Tried out smoker for the first time Tues evening, had 4 deer at 20 yrds or less in an evening set, no shooter buck. Tried it again yesterday evening had 5 deer(does) come out in food plot. Had out decoy at 25 yrds. Had one mature doe come in walk around decoy then came over to my ladder stand sniffed around on it and walk between ladder and tree and back out to decoy never spooked. Did have one out in the plot blow but I think she didn't like the decoy because the other deer were right there and didn't leave when she blew. Think I am a believer, probably more deer closer last 2 evenings than most of the season. Just wish a shooter buck would show up.

hunter56

I think if I would have had it beginning of this season, my season would have been a little different. Friend of mine has been doing it for a couple of years he just never said much about it until I seen it on here and ask him more. I think it was his secret weapon. He has been successful every year but he has a very good hunting spot. My wife is getting a good laugh out of it. Can't wait to use it again.