Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smoker?

hunter56

Wanting to order a smoker. Is the scent smoker system affiliated with this message board? Is Scent smoker elimenation system the best place to order? I am a newbie, Thanks

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You can call this number: 937 205 6000. However, for ordering, I would suggest just doing it online. It is by far the most secure and easy way.

hunter56

Thanks guys, I am anxious to try it. Have a friend that says he started using it last year and he hardley ever gets busted. I decided I need to do something different, been busted a bunch this year from deer that I never even got to see. I will just have to learn how to use it like any new thing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys, I am anxious to try it. Have a friend that says he started using it last year and he hardley ever gets busted. I decided I need to do something different, been busted a bunch this year from deer that I never even got to see. I will just have to learn how to use it like any new thing.

Smoke everything you carry, bow any seat or clothing and even your skin and hair.... First couple of times takes some getting used too but it'll be second nature too after a few times and you'll find you'll fool their nose but you still have too fool their eyes so watch your movement as there's still no covering that up.... I've lost track of the deer down wind that don't have a clue I'm there but before I used it would bust me the majority of the time...

hunter56

Being new I was wondering what you do with it after you smoke up while you are hunting since it is full of fire?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Actually it's smoking @ that point, but I do it at the house before I leave and dump the smoldering chips into the wifes burn pit... She's always asking me why the pit is full of wood chips lol..... but you can dump it out if you do it at your parking spot where you hunt just make sure too step them out or dump water on them and stir them around.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Odds are you're going to have to take a leak before you go in the woods. Or just set it on the ground next to the truck and try to remember not to run over it. Or place a concrete paver or brick in the back of the truck and set it on that. Two years ago I ripped the carpet out of my truck and rhino lined it, so I just set it on my floor board still smoking.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My daughter told me the blanket she was using tonight smelled like "Daddy". I teased her and said "Oh sorry about that. Must have been a lingering SBD." She giggles and says "No Daddy. You smell like smoke this time of the year. Either from the wood burner smoke or deer smoke." I had to laugh. It was true. You will find it to be a great asset in your arsenal. Still can't get busted moving around though. My kids will grow up knowing part of your pre-hunt ritual is always to "Smoke up".

I put all my smoker stuff in a big steel ammo can. Wood chips, smoker and torch all fit inside nicely and with the seal I don't worry about moisture. When I use the smoker in the field I take the lid off the can and set the smoker on top of it, don't worry about it melting or burning anything. Also when doing it in the field I don't put a lot of wood chips in and add some if necessary to finish but by the end of smoking everything it's usually ready to go out anyways. A small roll of duct tape is a must as well, rip off a piece and cover the hole on the smoker, snuffs out any remaining embers while you head to your stand.