Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Horns during ML season

Lundy

There was a wide 8 that my son hunted hard for 3 years. Two years ago he dropped one side 2 days prior to the MZ season. He never saw him however

Last year he broke off his right side half way up the main beam on Thanksgiving day. My son took a video of him on his cell phone at 60 yds on Wednesday of gun season. He couldn't bring himself to shoot him.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dad called me up last Monday while I was golfing, and told me the neighbor boy found a freshly dropped shed in the middle of a field the Saturday or gun season. You hear about it every year, but the majority start dropping after the first of the year. Last year, most if the bucks I had on camera dropped the last week of January and the first week of February.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
"DOE HUNTERS" beware..... Just take your time when you are lining up your shot. Body size, body language and size of neck should be dead give-a-ways, of it's a buck or doe. I here tons of shotgun reports during muzzy season and Iam sure some of you do as well. Those guys apparently could care less what the FUGG it is by the barrage of lead flying. Having only one shot with a muzzleloader should be helpful in knowing what the sex of the deer is! I would think!