Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Whitetail Bag Limit Survey

nis1

So you want to choose between either shooting a buck or a doe in stark?

Yes. Saw so few deer on the 80 acre farm I hunt there that I opted not to kill one. I'm not sure what it's like county wide but as far as my area goes, if people really want to kill one, they can, otherwise it would be better for the herd to have somewhat of a break for a year to rebound after being over harvested for the last several years.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yes. Saw so few deer on the 80 acre farm I hunt there that I opted not to kill one. I'm not sure what it's like county wide but as far as my area goes, if people really want to kill one, they can, otherwise it would be better for the herd to have somewhat of a break for a year to rebound after being over harvested for the last several years.

Where are you at?

nis1

Nice, I actually live in summit, but the farm in stark is where I have done most of my hunting the last 10 years.

angelzd28

I just moved to stark, been here for about six months, about 10 minutes east of lousville. Ive seen a total of about 8 deer since ive lived here. I grew up and still hunt in Tuscarawas county where its nothing to drive the backroads and see a herd of deer around every bend. Would like to hunt Stark where i live as im near numerous big farms with good crops and good cover, but from what i can tell the deer population is pretty thin up here. So ill continue to hunt Tusc. County even if it is a bit farther.