Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This is crazy

thats crazy, but a buddy of mine was telling me that years ago in hocking county he witnessed a total a 7 deer do the same thing and once the first one jumped the other 6 just followed like nothing was a matter kinda strange the way things happen.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A lady I teach with told me a story a few years ago about her son. He was driving home from work on state route 7 near Wellsville. As he was driving on a short bridge over a twonship road, a big buck was running in the opposite direction on the same bridge. It jumped off the bridge and landed on the township road below. Could you imagine if you were driving below and that buck landed on your car???

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
When I processed deer, I had a couple brought in that had jumped off bridges. We have two bridges over Rattlesnake Creek at the headwaters of Paint Creek Lake. Both are pretty high, and both have claimed quite a few deer. One lady brought a doe in and said there were two that had jumped. It is only a matter of a couple of feet to decide if they live or die. The angle of the bank below is so sharp that if the jump in one spot, they have just a short drop. Three or four feet the other direction and they go all the way to the bottom and certain death. One doe made a clean get away, the other was a busted up mess. The area under the 138/Rattlesnake bridge is a popular fishing hole. People joke about watching for falling deer there, as many have splattered on the surrounding boulders.