Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tag question

JPN

coshocton
This is my first year owning my own farm and I had a question about tagging a deer as a land owner. If I would get a doe before Sunday and use a land owner tag does that use one of the antler less only tags or does it count as one of my either sex tags?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
"Antlerless Deer Permits may be used to take antlerless deer ONLY. These permits may be purchased until Nov. 25, 2012. Antlerless deer permits will no longer be valid for the first week of deer gun season (Nov. 26, 2012-Dec. 2, 2012).

Antlerless deer permits are valid statewide between Sept. 29, 2012 through Nov. 25, 2012. These permits are also valid at Ohio Division of Wildlife controlled hunts, during the early muzzleloader season, during youth deer gun season, and within designated Urban Deer Units (see Urban Deer Units). Refer to the Deer Permit Use and Bag Limits per Zone section to determine the number of antlerless deer permits you can use in each deer hunting zone."

Even if you shot the deer on Sunday, the 25th, your landowner tag will be applied as if it were an Anterless Permit. After the 25th, any landowner-tagged deer will be counted as Either-Sex tags.