Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do all southern Ohio deer have tics?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I have hunted reclaimed strip mine land in SE Ohio (Egypt Valley WA and surrounding) for over 15 years. I occasionally have gotten a tick during the spring and early fall but last year was the first time during the late muzzleloading that we got any on us while hunting. Never had any excessive numbers on the deer we have gotten, one or two occasionally but not anything to write home about or even notice most times. But I have never bowhunted so I'm sure that helps.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with CJD: They sorta give me the heebejeebees. Have pulled a couple off me in the past and didn't like it. I couldn't imagine what one would do if they found one in their nether regions? :smiley_chinrub:mischeif.gif:smiley_crocodile:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We had a problem with tics this spring and summer, but once the rain started to come more frequently they seemed to ease up. didnt see any on either of my deer this year, crawford county. then again, i wasnt really looking for them either.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got my doe second or third week of season no ticks (Mahoning county) got my buck the 12th of nov (Columbiana county) not ticks.... Feeling pretty lucky on that one.... Have had them on me over the years but caught them before they got burrowed in, when I was stationed in Arkansas always had them buggers around.... Had too ck the dogs every other day for them..... But what was worse was them chiggers.... them fuggers flat out make your life miserable......