Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My first.. I KNOWS SUMTHIN!!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Thanks all! Now for the story....

My son and I got out early so I could set up the decoy in the field in front of us. Unknown to me the farmer turned the cows loose in that field, luckly they didnt make their way back there till after the shots and I had the decoy put away. Anyway, we were on stand and ready at 5:15am and only kicked 1 deer out on the way back.. So daylight comes and my son is gettin kinda fidgity so I told him its bout to happen so he needs to sit still. Well he does one last stretch and taps me on the elbow and said "dad deer". I look around the tree behind us and there are 3 does munchin the grass along the back side of us. I stand slowly turn around and get set.

Now directly behind us there is a big brush pile, one doe in front and 2 behind it. I shot the one in front then a second emerges from the back so I shot her too. After the 2 dropped the third walks out all casual like and walks right by the 2nd one taunting me.. In KY you have a 2 a day limit so she walked free.. We get down gather everything up and the fun began..

Last edited: