Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oh oh oh

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
She was quartering to me a little more then I thought so the arrow smacked her about the 3rd rib from the back and with the angle it traveled through the offside lung, liver, and punched out the flank and buried the slick trick in the offside back knee. She spun and ran right back under my stand since she was only at 7 yards it didn't take long for her to make the turn and down into the river. Seen her reach the other side and get wobbly but didn't see her lay down. Thought she was walking the bank and was going to be a real pain and wonder on down a ways. After not hearing anything for about 10min. I got down and went over where I last seen her. Sure enough she crossed and just laid there on the bank and bedded down and died.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Son of a ditch that's nice doe RC. Good shooting.

All 120lbs of her lmao. I was nice enough to wipe the milk mustache off before taking any pics.

Honestly, I was just taking out some frustration this morning and this doe took all of it and then some. Funny thing is, I sat in my stand for an hour and didn't hear anything so I grabbed the grunt tube and hit it a few times and this doe come bustin in like she owned the place (or was lonely and looking for somebody to tag along with) from right BEHIND me. She only took a few running bounds and was right there beside me. Watched her for about 10min and didn't see or hear any other deer following. By this time she had worked her way past me about 50 yards and so I hit the grunt tube to call her back. Sure enough she come a runnin. Stopped right behind a tree so I stood up and waited for her to get into a shooting lane. Didn't know what one she was going to go to so I had to wait until she started moving to draw. Soon as she hit the opening I bleated and she stopped and I drew. Got the kisser button in the corner of my mouth and squeezed the trigger. Thump followed by a crack and she took off limping with the offside back leg arrow sticking out and din't know why it didn't pass through. Found out when I got to her that the arrow did pass through but smacked the back knee and bounced back. Broke my Slick Trick :(

Thanks again for Skeeterizing my bow buddy. Still working good ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks Huck.

Thanks everybody. It was a good day. Will be back after the big boy that was with this ones mother somewhere close by. Figure momma kicked this one out to bread and big boy has momma locked down back there.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats Adam.... but why the selfy? You have friends here hahaha

Cotty was busy teaching so texted Dante and he was busy at work or breakin in the clean porta john don't remember now so I went to Joe and apparently he was busy as well with his own adventures to reply back to my text lmao. Thought I was all alone

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I may not heart shot them but they still don't run far lmao.

mischeif.gif

Loving it brother. I just figured she was right under your stand like your buck last year. lol Dead is dead. Glad you got her tagged.

din't know why it didn't pass through. Found out when I got to her that the arrow did pass through but smacked the back knee and bounced back.

Same thing happened on my first doe. I couldn't figure out how in the world I did NOT get a pass thru on a 5yd shot. Never noticed until field dressing. Not sure how I missed it. Made sense after I found the knee buggered up. Also explained why she did the "bull dozer run". Skeeterized bows, all the cool kids are doing it. I know mine is performing better after the SCO sticker was applied to the limb.