Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sir Buttons Knobby Pants

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Where could he be?

I let this little fella walk the other day. Had him come in 3 different times.

The first was on his own. Or so I thought at the time. He bedded down for a while then got up and headed out. After he left I did a grunt & bleat sequence for which he eagerly returned. Then bedded down in the same spot again. A little while later he got up and wandered off. I waited a while then did a rattling & grunt sequence to see if anything else was moving. Sir Buttons Knobby Pants returned yet again to investigate. In my mind I had no intent to shoot him. But I should have put 2 & 2 together sooner. It dawned on me later that Sir Buttons must be a spy for the Bigger Bucks roaming this area. I've had a few good encounters that just didn't play our in my favor, and the Big Boys knew they had to do something to save them from becoming taxidermy. They went out and recruited Sir Buttons, and in his immaturity, he believed the Big Bucks that they would let him have their sloppy seconds as long as he kept an eye out for me. Well Sir Buttons, you may have gotten away with it for now. But come this weekend, if you show up again, you won't be leaving... at least without a blood trail.

And the dummy even eats litter???? I need to save him from himself. It's really for the best.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The small doe I shot didn't have hardly any fat at all. I saved her by ending her cold nights alone and put her in the freezer with the cows lmao.

Pretty funny write-up Sean lol. I say, shoot the spy so you can continue on for the big bucks.