Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dead mornings

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Its been dead where I am. I was seeing 12 deer a sit, one morning 16. Dead yesterday pm and this am. Went home, got my mowers geared up. Rolled out, my dad told me to slow down. 60 yards off the road on the edge of a cattle pasture and 25 yards from a residential stood a monster 10 and a smaller 8 with a doe at 11am. The buck threw his head down and pushed the other buck in the persons back yard, then I assume went back to business.

gavennn

I am a little worried the temperatures will jack things up. I am hunting all day long from the 9th till end of legal light the 13th. We have spotted at least 2 150 plus on the property that meanders around

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron had an unbelievable day from dark to dark. Hope he chimes in and gives the lowdown. He had a serious fight between two heavy sounding bucks that were growling,grunting and chasing most of the day. Had several close encounters with nice bucks but they weren't quite up to his standards to shoot. Saw what he thought were a couple shooters in the thick stuff but couldn't get a real good look at them. He had to pour his full bottle of water out so he could piss in it. Rotflmao If it were me I'da just pissed off the stand but that's me. Haha

Hope he gives his account but I reckon he's whupped! Daylight to dark without nothing to eat or drink tends to do that to ya.lol

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Absolutely two great days in the timber! Yes I poured outta water bottle so I could piss in it! What Rick fails to bring up, is I had a big buck with a doe 40 yards away bedded down. Fugg! I will keep ya all posted if I paint my arrow!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well, hunted 2 diff property today . Seen 7 diff bucks and 12-14 does . Nothing even close to being a shooter .

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Absolutely two great days in the timber! Yes I poured outta water bottle so I could piss in it! What Rick fails to bring up, is I had a big buck with a doe 40 yards away bedded down. Fugg! I will keep ya all posted if I paint my arrow!

Dang, sounds like you had an awesome day Ron!

epe

Lancaster
I agree with Joe it is about to let loose. The does aren't quite ready yet. Older bucks are just starting to show up in daylight. The biggest buck I saw this year showed up right at dark.. Soon they will be out in daylight.. I have a feeling dad is gonna see a hawg out of my treestand tomorrow...

Gordo

Athens County
Everything is turning up at my properties.

Had a dandy up on his feet today following a doe around.

Even driving around i saw two different shooters out in the daylight.

Fun time to b in the woods!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hopefully tomorrow morning is lively for me. I bought an antlerless tag for the occasion and charged my video camera. DOH!

I swear that is depressing to type out. lmao

Doe hunting during the rut is still better than working first thing in the morning!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah Greg, as Rick stated. It's going on somewhere. It might not always be in front of me. With these temps, these deer are on their feet. It's matter of being in the right stand. In other words " being Lucky "! Lol. Good luck too all you fellow TOOZERS.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Saw 2 spikes so far...DEAD

So frustrating. Feel like i have wasted 5 days so far. No possible shots on anything but spikes. Not even a doe sighting

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron texted me a few minutes ago, just heard his first buck grunt. He is in a sweet spot amongst a super thick doe and buck bedding area where he was yesterday, and so it begins...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw 2 spikes so far...DEAD

So frustrating. Feel like i have wasted 5 days so far. No possible shots on anything but spikes. Not even a doe sighting

Same boat brother. Day 6. Not a shooter seen. Not even close. But i'm in the closest strip of woods to the only standing corn for miles. If its going to happen it'll be here. I know it's here as I've gotten reports of bucks with does out and about in people's yards etc. I'm just waiting for that first doe to go hot. Hang In there. It only takes a moment.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Seen a dink 8 , and 8 does in one group . Little buck scatter the does and ran em around . 8th straight day, ain't seen but one shooter and it was last Friday on a buddy's place. Sposed to go back to work tomorrow and the wifey is goin out of town for the weekend . Hopefully I can find a sitter so I can squeeze a hunt in .

huntn2

Hudson, OH
1 seeking when still to dark. Caught a doe working behind me at 8 and then at 9, a doe with decent buck in tow walked by 150 yards to my left.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw a small buck and four does this morning. When I got home I noticed a dandy behind the house just standing there in a cut bean field I assume there is a doe laying in the ditch beside him.

Gordo

Athens County
Im seeing all kinds of action just driving around. My buddy is hunting my biggest property and has been covered. Just nothing in range