Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

buddies buck

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry Dave that's his friends who was hunting with him lol....

Anyways, my phone would keep locking up so here's the edit.... Hunted a property I have permission on and Dave the guy with the buck has permision on the adjoining property and he and two of his friends were there today hunting it with Dave hunting a creek crossing that resembles a landing strip according to Dave..... Well around 9:00 this morning he heres some rukus behind too find a doe running up too him and stopping @ 5 yards... Saw him and took off like a bullet, behind the doe about 30 yards comes this buck grunting and hot on the trail like a beagle on a bunny..... He stops where she stopped and was sniffing the ground and grunting.... Dave let the arrow fly it took off low too the ground and went about 50 yards and crashed.... Short and sweet.... 14 points and a huge body too go with it....

No history at all from this buck just a chance encounter and it didn't last long.... What are the chances of it breaking into the 140's???? I'm not thinking it but then again I suck at that game.....

Attachments

• IMG_20121104_121407.jpg
    IMG_20121104_121407.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

dangerousoldman

nice mass....doubting anywhere around 140ish tho. just enjoy it for what it is...a mature buck with a nice rack and a great experience..

Gordo

Athens County
Lacking the tine length to hit 140, but who cares!

Thats a great mature buck with great character!

Congrats to the hunter!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm not Ron but as close as your gonna get J! Rotflmao

IMO, the pic doesn't show enough of the rack to be much help in getting an accurate score of this deer. I do agree its a very nice deer with some age, maybe even 5.5 or older. If I had to guess, I'd say this buck would gross in the 130's somewhere but not 100% sure.