Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cain Velasquez Takes Out Brock Lesnar

badger

*Supporting Member*
Lesnar has been improving and I didn't expect this. I really thought Cain had a chance if it went into later rounds but I didn't expect Lesnar to get stopped in the first round. I hope he learns a little more and trains all the much harder for his next fight.

[video]http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/video/video?id=5722219[/video]

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I was shocked to see that as well. Lesnar looked like he had it in the bag. Having a big head is a great way to get knocked the fuck out in MMA!!! I'm a fence sitter with Lesnar, but I would like to see him train harder and come back for another title shot...

rrr

I don't really watch MMA that much or follow it. A kid from my high school, CB Dollaway was on that one show and has been in on some big fights...yada yada. His big last fight for that show I spent 4 hrs watching the thing only to see him get arm-barred in like 40 seconds. Retarded.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Carwin had Lesnar beat too, but the ref refused to stop it. Hopefully we'll see Cain vs Shane next. Carwin deserves another title shot asap!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Cain is taking on Junior Dos Santos next, and I believe Lesnar requested to take an extended layoff so he can hunt the rest of the year. Im betting we wont see him back until Spring.

The UFC heavyweight division slacks. It's always going to be constant battles between Lesnar, Cain, Carwin, and Mir IMO. Brocks still a newb, give him time, he'll learn his mistakes.

Also the thing about Lesnar is he's the biggest draw for the UFC and sells more PPV's than any other fighter. I won't be surprised if he comes back, silver backs his next opponent, then is givin an immediate title rematch.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Cain is taking on Junior Dos Santos next, and I believe Lesnar requested to take an extended layoff so he can hunt the rest of the year. Im betting we wont see him back until Spring.

The UFC heavyweight division slacks. It's always going to be constant battles between Lesnar, Cain, Carwin, and Mir IMO. Brocks still a newb, give him time, he'll learn his mistakes.

Also the thing about Lesnar is he's the biggest draw for the UFC and sells more PPV's than any other fighter. I won't be surprised if he comes back, silver backs his next opponent, then is givin an immediate title rematch.

Yeah you are right, Dana won't miss an opportunity to put him back in the ring for the title if he does good in his next appearance, I know tons of poeple that didn't even know what MMA was until Brock Lesnar joined. He definately sells tickets and PPV's.

Myself, I would rather watch a good middleweight or lightheavyweight fight before I would a heavyweight bout.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I like the light heavy fights the best. I'm 6'1" and 225lbs so I like to watch dudes fight that I would have to fight if I fought. I have a 74" wing span too, so I like watching long armed dudes fight too! I've done some sparring and I've actually sparred lefty before because I could hit with more power on my jab and the dude I was sparring was giving up serious reach. I had him so pissed that he quit on me. I just get jabbing with my right and never threw a left hand punch! LOL

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Haha, could you imaging pissing off one of them dudes in a bar, even the lightweights, with the knowledge they have they could really do some damage! A lot of those guys just look like average joe's when they are in street clothes, especially the smaller guys.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Haha, could you imaging pissing off one of them dudes in a bar, even the lightweights, with the knowledge they have they could really do some damage! A lot of those guys just look like average joe's when they are in street clothes, especially the smaller guys.

GSP is my example for this. I'd throw down with the faggot sounding Canadian in two seconds never realizing he would kick my ass in no time flat!!!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Yeah you are right, Dana won't miss an opportunity to put him back in the ring for the title if he does good in his next appearance, I know tons of poeple that didn't even know what MMA was until Brock Lesnar joined. He definately sells tickets and PPV's.

Myself, I would rather watch a good middleweight or lightheavyweight fight before I would a heavyweight bout.

Dana is a smart cookie. Brought Brock over to convert WWE redneck fans to MMA Junkies, made an ass of James Toney and showed how MMA is superior to boxing.

I don't know if Brock was gassed. He managed going full throttle on Heath Herring for 3 rounds. You could be right because I think he trained to go ape shit and end the fight asap, got caught, and his equilibrium went to shit. He should of taken a techinical approach like he did to Mir at UFC 100. Shoulda just layed on his ass, and man handled him into a kimura from half guard.