Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck Down

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
I got a late start last night and finally got settled into my stand around 4:30. As I was about to pull my bow up, I spotted a doe standing in the weeds on the edge of a thicket about 100 yards to my NE. She quietly disappeared into the thicket after a couple of minutes so i pulled my bow up and got ready for the evening hunt. About 15 minutes later, I caught movement in the same area I had seen the doe earlier. She was back but this time she had company. As she worked her way down the edge of the weeds the buck worked his way down the edge of the thicket. The doe walked right past me and stopped about 15 yards past my tree. The buck comes out of the thicket and stops giving me a 15 yard quartering away shot. The 2 blade rage did the trick as I watched him pile up about 50 yards from the stand. He isn't the monster I was hoping for, but he will do. 11pt with double split brow tines and it looks like he had the makings of a drop tine that either busted off in velvet or just never fully materialized.

Attachments

• outdoor pics 002.jpg
    outdoor pics 002.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 77
  • outdoor pics 004.jpg
    outdoor pics 004.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 89

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great job on that buck. I lived in Willard in 1971-1973. Do you know any Meyers there?
Frank