Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

whick week?

huntnfool

Thornville
I took vacation this upcoming week because the weather looked great. However after putting in 8 hours today and 8 hours friday in stand and only see few bucks no shooters and doe's still in there groups I am thinking I may of made a mistake switching from the second week to the first week. I know its early and by the 7th things should be amping up but I hear the old timers saying the 10-17 is best and always best. Got me second guessing myself over here.

So who else chose this week over the second this year cause the weather looked great and the moon phase was pretty good as well?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Take off whenever you want, you'll always wish it was a different week. :) I've seen 'em chasing (yesterday and today) and also seen bucks together as well as doe groups. They are doing their thing about as well as I have ever seen right now.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
You just gotta be there when it happens... Places not too far from me were exploding the other day, but the spot I hunted the last two days is pretty calm. Seen a few bucks cruising but no hard chasing action. Two buddies both killed bucks today in SE OH and they were covered up with bucks chasing does. Then I talked to other guys in SE who aren't seeing squat. Hang in there and hunt hard... And hope for a little luck along the way

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
IMO I believe only a few does are "ready to start in". That should get bucks attention and get them on their feet and cruising more area. I would have to say you chose correctly on a vacation. But I TOO kill more bucks during pre-rut than the actual rut. Besides, a so-so vacation hunting is still better'n a good day working......

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I think by the 10 a lot of the big deer will be locked down with receptiive does and not moving much.