Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Butt out tool

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This review will be short and sweet.

Tried it for the first time on Halloween on my deer and I must say, "It's the shit"! No pun intended!

Seriously though, I worked very well and I highly recommend it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I will swear by it....But get the longer one with the "stopper plate" on it. I had the shorter version and it did work but not as well.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Some of you guys have heard this story, but since my buddy who did this is coming to hunt with me tonight, I'll share it again in his honor.

The first time I saw a Butt Out in action, my buddy Ben had killed a doe at our farm and was eager to show it to me. So we get the doe to our gutting area and he starts the chore of cleaning her out. Once he gets to the point he needs the Butt Out, he sticks it in, twists and starts pulling. Well he's pulling like hell and its stretching skin 5-6" with every tug. He keeps pulling like a mad man and nothing. At this point I'm thinking "WTF" as this was supposed to be the ultimate tool for the job. Then I see him take a step back and scratch his head, so I asked what the problem was, to which he responds: "Well, I had I in her snatch!" lmao

It's a Butt Out tool fellas, not a Va-Jay-Jay remover!!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got one but forget to bring it along. Maybe that will change my luck.
Frank

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So I have always wondered about that tool. I have two ways that I field dress deer and I can only see it being useful in the one. If you split the pelvis then cutting out the butthole and not making a mess isn't too challenging, though the drag out is a little more challenging b/c the back quarters just flop around (unless you use duct tape to hold them together). If you are leaving the pelvis intact then I can see how it would be useful, but I'd prefer to see someone use in in the field before I buy it.

Huckleberry Finn

So I have always wondered about that tool. I have two ways that I field dress deer and I can only see it being useful in the one. If you split the pelvis then cutting out the butthole and not making a mess isn't too challenging, though the drag out is a little more challenging b/c the back quarters just flop around (unless you use duct tape to hold them together). If you are leaving the pelvis intact then I can see how it would be useful, but I'd prefer to see someone use in in the field before I buy it.

This is my favorite field dressing video. If you ignore the thin southern skin on the doe, it's pretty good.

[video=youtube;ECdaKBbmGnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECdaKBbmGnU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Dky%2Bafield%2Bfield%2Bdressing%26oq%3Dk y%2Bafield%2Bfield%2Bdressing%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3.. 33i21.5916.10283.0.10412.24.19.0.5.5.0.182.1996.7j 11.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.YcIskAyRSws&has_verified=1[/video]

He does split the pelvis, but not as much as others....oh you wanted butt-out tool.

Last edited: