Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bad Luck

Huckleberry Finn

I was sitting in my stand tonight and had a ditch tiger walk down the edge of the cut bean field...I didn't get my other arrow on in time...

Me: 6:06 "Is a black cat thru your shooting lane bad luck? smallest window and I couldn't change the arrah quick enough...damn!"

Curran: 6:06 "Lol. I don't know but it may come by me too. Haven't seen squat yet but squirrels."

Me: 6:09 "I have turkeys sounding off behind me and a bad pussy. lol. Bet that means I see deer here come spring".

Curran: 6:11 "Yep. Lol.

Curran: 6:31 "SOB. There's a black fuggin cat in the field behind me. I shit you not!"

:smiley_clap:

Two counties away...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Is there such a thing as bad...... uh, ahem, bad..... oh the heck with it..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That was funny shit Huck... rotflmao

I think hat cat kept the deer from coming in tonight. Ended up seeing a couple does and what I think was a buck pushing them around the neighboring field. Damn cats!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got busted by a black cat about 3 weeks ago. I had 2 deer feed towards me and they seen that black cat about 100 yds away and wouldn't have nothing of it and busted out. Too bad he didn't walk past me.
Frank

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That was funny shit Huck... rotflmao

I think hat cat kept the deer from coming in tonight. Ended up seeing a couple does and what I think was a buck pushing them around the neighboring field. Damn cats![/QUOTE]

They don't like trains either.... Just sayin rotflmao

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm sure there are lots of funny texts between TOO members but this one was too good haha

Doesn't you phone give a tone when a text comes in? Or do have the phone shutoff and check every so often? I had 2 does at 500 ft hear my phone buzz on mute mode. The 2nd buzz and they threw up tails and ran off. My phone stays off now.
Frank

Huckleberry Finn

Doesn't you phone give a tone when a text comes in? Or do have the phone shutoff and check every so often? I had 2 does at 500 ft hear my phone buzz on mute mode. The 2nd buzz and they threw up tails and ran off. My phone stays off now.
Frank

I find that if it's on silent mode (off is too dangerous...not gonna hang in the air waiting for it turn on!), I check it too much. The buzzing is muffed by, well, a hand warmer muff or my pocket. Though, it does make a noise and I'm sure that I could do better by improving that habit. I have killed 2 deer mid-text though! Last year I texted Cottis as he was shooting his buck and he returned the favor on a doe...he's my good luck!

epe

Lancaster
If I turn my volume all the way down it vibrates.. If I touch the up volume button once it goes to "silent" no noise, no vibrate...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I find that if it's on silent mode (off is too dangerous...not gonna hang in the air waiting for it turn on!), I check it too much. The buzzing is muffed by, well, a hand warmer muff or my pocket. Though, it does make a noise and I'm sure that I could do better by improving that habit. I have killed 2 deer mid-text though! Last year I texted Cottis as he was shooting his buck and he returned the favor on a doe...he's my good luck!

True story