Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting Closer

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
This yr has been miserable for me seeing quality deer. Seeing lots of does and dinks . Finally saw a decent one this morning and passed him up. He was o so close to getting shot , but just needed to be a bit bigger .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
He was pretty nice and he came right in to the grunt which was neat. I just ain't killed a 140+ in a few yrs. Trying to get back in the groove and quit shooting130" deer. It was a little tempting tho .

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bet that was tempting! I'd have shot that sucker and spent the next couple of months wishing I hadn't ... but I promise you I would have shot him dead!:) Glad you are getting on some good ones now, they are really starting to get worked up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He sure looks good in that pic, but I'd have done the same knowing he wasn't 140. I'd love to break that mark and it won't happen if I settle. Good luck finding something that gets your blood boiling!!!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
He sure looks good in that pic, but I'd have done the same knowing he wasn't 140. I'd love to break that mark and it won't happen if I settle. Good luck finding something that gets your blood boiling!!!

I agree and am in the same boat. Would of been tough to let him walk though.