Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thermacell heated insoles?

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't have this particular item, but I do have the heated insoles just like the hand warmers you open up & shake.They stay warm for 9 hours I guess. You can get a pair for a couple of bucks at Wally World & such. I'm saving them for when I'm in my stand... which should be tomorrow, instead of using my ground blind.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Muck Boots! My feet stay nice and warm now! I got the artic-something-or-other than is good to like -40 degrees. I love 'em!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I wear light boots all year and use Toasti Toes when on stand. If I wear heavy boots my feet will surely sweat. Just put them on once in the stand.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I was looking at the ThermoCell heated insoles until I saw the price. $129.99 That scared me away.
Guess I will stick with the disposable heated insoles by Hot Hands (or whoever it is).

Ricer2231

I was looking at the ThermoCell heated insoles until I saw the price. $129.99 That scared me away.
Guess I will stick with the disposable heated insoles by Hot Hands (or whoever it is).

Yea I know they're not cheap but it would be worth it to keep my feet warm. I hate it when my feet get cold. As far as the Muck boots go, I just bought a new pair of the woody elites and I haven't gotten a chance to wear them when it's been below 40 degrees yet. I am going to the stand in the morning and it is supposed to be in the low 30s here so I will see how the Mucks do with just a heavy pair of socks. Hopefully they will keep my feet warm without having to buy the thermacells but if they don't it looks like I will be biting the bullet for a pair of insoles.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I got around to using the heated insoles yesterday morning. I didn't feel any difference. When I took my boots off later, the heaters were barely warm. I was wearing two pairs of socks, so I dunno. Not that the stand was frosty, but I'm a big puss when it comes to getting cold. When you're as tall as I, the blood freezes up before it gets to my feet I think. Just the same, I did go out to Buckeye Outdoors & buy a pair of Mucks Tooday. I've been wanting to do that for years. I also stop at the " Crossroads " for their noon buffett, which sucked. Stick with the menu.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Order a pair of the Lifetime Socks from Bass Pro. I had my doubts at $10.00 a pair, but soon after using them, Diane and I now have like 3 or 4 pairs each. If you ever wear a hole in them, just take them back for a new pair. They're thick enough, Diane wears them for slippers a lot.

Ricer2231

Order a pair of the Lifetime Socks from Bass Pro. I had my doubts at $10.00 a pair, but soon after using them, Diane and I now have like 3 or 4 pairs each. If you ever wear a hole in them, just take them back for a new pair. They're thick enough, Diane wears them for slippers a lot.
Thanks for the advice I think I may just have to try them. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger in a $120.00 pair of insoles. As far as the Muck boots go this is my first cold morning in the stand with them and they are actually doing pretty good. Just a little cold. And as far as an in the tree update goes I have seen two little bucks cruising so far.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Thanks for the advice I think I may just have to try them. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger in a $120.00 pair of insoles. As far as the Muck boots go this is my first cold morning in the stand with them and they are actually doing pretty good. Just a little cold. And as far as an in the tree update goes I have seen two little bucks cruising so far.

If you try the socks with the Artic Muck Boots...... I would be extremely suprised if your feet got cold. I do understand....Heck, if your feet are cold, then your cold all over!

epe

Lancaster
The best thing I found out waterfowl hunting. Buy a can of antiperspirant deodorant aerosol spray. Spray your feet really good with it. It will keep them from sweating which is bad...