Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frank's Trailcam Log

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Had a cam setup over a scrap last week in the section I save for the rut every year. Man has this scrape been HOT! Nothing giant, but a few up and comers.

Here are three bucks I would LOVE to see make it another year, they have a pretty decent chance if the corn surrounding the woods stays up through gun season:

Old boy here would be tough to pass if his left side matched his right...

This buck here just doesn't have a whole lot in the tine length department.... anyone care to throw out an age on this deer? I'm thinking young but I suck at aging deer:

3rd up and comer, really hope he develops something on his left side next year if he makes it through:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
A few other scrape visitors this week:

I'm really kicking myself, I had intentions of putting the cam on video mode over this scrape but forgot. Judging by the pics I did have I think I would gotten some really great video. All in all i'm very happy with this pull and the deer numbers in this section.

Should make for some eventful rut hunting next week.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This buck here just doesn't have a whole lot in the tine length department.... anyone care to throw out an age on this deer? I'm thinking young but I suck at aging deer:

That's a 3 year old with a shit rack IMO. See how square and boxy his body is? He's filled out and lost the "skinny, young" look that a nice 2 year old would still have. He's 3 if I had to wager on it...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That's a 3 year old with a shit rack IMO. See how square and boxy his body is? He's filled out and lost the "skinny, young" look that a nice 2 year old would still have. He's 3 if I had to wager on it...

I can agree with that! Thanks for input! Would you say that buck is older than the first?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Thanks guys.

I made a move yesterday that I'm hoping pays off and decided to hang my cam in the area as well. With all the posts about cameras/gear being stolen, I figured I would try a new tactic:

Now granted, a basic trim saw will take this tree down in a heartbeat, it will take a little more work then if I just hung it 3-4 foot up on the tree. You should have seen my big ass hanging 9 foot up on this tree trying to get the strap fastened...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I am working on this right this minute. Gonna try hangin my camera's 9' up and see if deer do not detect them as easy. Plus they will be out of reach for them to smell. Not to mention the thievery.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Another idea would be to take 3 screw in steps with you and put it in a bigger tree. That's my next move.

Good idea Drake!