Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I learned something today..

Big H

Medina
Don't EVER text JBrown that you found a deal and hope he will try to talk you out of it!! My wallet is now lighter thanks to him... his reply back was "do it do it do it do it" LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Baahahahahaa. Ron you should have consulted TOO first. It's pretty much common knowledge around here that I'm not the right person to call in that situation. lmao

Big H

Medina
I went to Kame's to pick up another pair of those rubber boots I posted awhile ago and saw that they had Leverage Sticks for $79.99. I had bought some at regular price $99.99 in September. I wanted a couple more but was making due with some older 36" aluminum sticks I already had and was going to walk past them and just get the boots. Well, I made the mistake of texting JB and the rest is history, I now have 6 sticks LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I went to Kame's to pick up another pair of those rubber boots I posted awhile ago and saw that they had Leverage Sticks for $79.99. I had bought some at regular price $99.99 in September. I wanted a couple more but was making due with some older 36" aluminum sticks I already had and was going to walk past them and just get the boots. Well, I made the mistake of texting JB and the rest is history, I now have 6 sticks LOL

You're welcome. :smiley_bril:

Big H

Medina
Baahahahahaa. Ron you should have consulted TOO first. It's pretty much common knowledge around here that I'm not the right person to call in that situation. lmao

Yeah Yeah, I may have the last laugh though, I am supposed to call the store manager tomorrow and even though it has been over 30 days, the guy in the archery department told me they might give me $20 store credit. And I already know what I am going to get. :pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. One of two things is going on there Big H. 1) Kames is buying a bunch cheaper than me. 2) They are blowing out what is left. They are under my cost right there.

Big H

Medina
Dang. One of two things is going on there Big H. 1) Kames is buying a bunch cheaper than me. 2) They are blowing out what is left. They are under my cost right there.

They only had 5 boxes left, so probably both I would guess? They are a volume buyer I am sure. The boots I bought were normally $89.99 marked down to $29.99. I bought a pair for me and a pair for one of the girls a couple weeks ago and was working in Canton today, so I went back to get another pair because they were fighting over them. When I was there a couple weeks ago, they probably had 100 pair, today they only had about 15 pair left and I got the last one in the size I needed for the girls.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Most likely just running a sale since they buy a bunch cheap. Same thing Rural King does with their Big Dog stands. I think the Beagle is at 29.99 right now...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Most likely just running a sale since they buy a bunch cheap. Same thing Rural King does with their Big Dog stands. I think the Beagle is at 29.99 right now...

I think some of it is a marketing ploy as well. You stop in a Rural King to buy a Beagle at (or below) their cost but once you are there you realize it is a tiny stand. You then talk yourself into the $50 stand. Generally they offer one or two stands at or below cost, but the rest of their stuff is within several dollars of us. They simply have the ability to do this in efforts to get people in the door. They don't care if they sell a product below cost if you buy 3-6 other items they are making money on. I am not upset. They are big stores. They have paid their dues and enabled themselves to get to this size. My point in telling this to Big H was not to whine or cry. I was simply stating he got a great buy. Anyone else has a chance to buy the last 4-5 sets at this price better jump on it. They won't be around long.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think some of it is a marketing ploy as well. You stop in a Rural King to buy a Beagle at (or below) their cost but once you are there you realize it is a tiny stand. You then talk yourself into the $50 stand. Generally they offer one or two stands at or below cost, but the rest of their stuff is within several dollars of us. They simply have the ability to do this in efforts to get people in the door. They don't care if they sell a product below cost if you buy 3-6 other items they are making money on. I am not upset. They are big stores. They have paid their dues and enabled themselves to get to this size. My point in telling this to Big H was not to whine or cry. I was simply stating he got a great buy. Anyone else has a chance to buy the last 4-5 sets at this price better jump on it. They won't be around long.

I didn't think you were whining, Philbert. I was agreeing with you more than anything. It's actually a pretty smart marketing scheme... When you're a big name store I guess you can afford to lose a little if it means gaining a bunch every now and then.