Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This weekend!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Anyone hunting this weekend?

All day sits?

Food sources, hollers, trails, etc?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be out all day Friday through Tuesday. I have three spots to hunt that are 260, 165, and 10 acres respectively. My plan is to hunt smart using sign and what I see on stand to adjust. If it is not happening at one place, I'll move to the next. It is time to sit all day, so even if I move stands and/or farms, I'll be right back in a tree. Most likely I'll hunt the 10 acres behind my parents Friday morning since its as close to automatic a spot as I have!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Ill be out fri-sun doing all day sits. Either here on Indiana but either way im hunting pinches and transition between bedding areas in hopes of a buck nudging does around.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Oh yeah! Though I have tagged out, I have to be out watching the action. Gonna do some filming for my brother in law with hopes of filming his first bow kill!

dangerousoldman

sat and sun all day sits. gonna be hunting a vrushy thick trail around the head of a deep ravine. Lots of does on cam and prolly 6 diff smaller bucks and where I got pics of the Boss 10 days ago. evercalm my boots and pack a lunch....cant wait..

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll be out all days Friday till ????. It's great being retired but hell being old. The wife doesn't care as it gets me out of her way. The honey do's have to wait till Febuary or until I bag out.
Frank

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I will be out Saturday all day and from then on out till the 13th!! as long as the hip and the pain medicine holds out!!!!

Glad the hear that!

I'm gonna be out as much as possible between tomorrow and when I kill something. All day sits when ever I can, and when the action is going on.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Ill be out for all day sits Nov. 3 - 11th. We have yet to com up with our game plan with this standing corn. I'm thinkin in the bottoms and the holler by the corn will be the best place to be..but the oaks will hold the doe

Would you guys hunt close to corn and a major creek, or would you be up on the oak flats?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Get in the woods and stay every minute you can. I've been paying attention to forums for years and there is a natural flow of things. Some bucks are shot within a week or two of opening-day and then there is a slight lull where nobody really kills anything. Then all of a sudden some bucks start to hit the ground. This week we have seen quite a few of our members shoot nice deer.

JD hunted last night and said he watched a couple smaller bucks chase a group of does back and forth all over this property for an hour.

I will say with a very high degree of certainty that hunting will be smoking for the next week or two. But I think this weekend through next week is going to be slamming.

Next week the nights will be in the low 30s and the days in the high 40s. Mostly cloudy or partly sunny with low wind. Moonlight will be fading fast all week with the next Tuesday being no moon.

The only thing left to do at this point is ass in a stand and make the shot.