Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Newark TOOers

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
So a few years ago my g/f and I had permission to hunt a properity in Newark, well while we were up there we ate at a place called Millers. It is an Amash (sp) restruant, is it still open? I heard that it got closed down but wanted to know from someone who lives up there..

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gone.... but not forgotten. I miss their liver & onions. If anyone will be traveling up rt 13, I highly recommend "Crossroads" at the intersection of 13 & 40 , just north of Interstate 70. Just catty corner to the Marathon gas station. You will not regret it. Their waitresses will make you forget all about those amish gals....lol

Last edited:
Gone.... but not forgotten. I miss their liver & onions. If anyone will be traveling up rt 13, I highly recommend "Crossroads" at the intersection of 13 & 40 , just north of Interstate 70. Just catty corner to the Marathon gas station. You will not regret it. Their waitresses will make you forget all about those amish gals....lol

My neck of the woods(well 9 or 10 miles away)...Crossroads on 40 is pretty good(buffet with wings,bbq etc for lunch on weekdays)the owner is an old highschool friend and the info about the waitresses is pretty accurate..And I like the nachos and beer ..That marathon tends to have the cheapest gas around, if they ain't OUT of gas that is.

If woody ended up closer to zanesville I would recommend my cousin's place Bills Real Pit BBQ,just north of Zville on State route 60.(slightly more family oriented)

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey Mossy, I think I've been to Bills. It is just north of Creamery Rd, on the left side of 60 ? I'm always going to the AmVets in Thornport, such as this evening & you're right about their price of gas. I keep telling myself I wanna check out the buffet.

Hey Mossy, I think I've been to Bills. It is just north of Creamery Rd, on the left side of 60 ? .

Yes sir!...7$ or 8$ all you can eat Ribs on Tuesday nights,All you can eat shredded beef or pork on Thursday nights and all you can eat BBQ chicken all day sunday(2 sides with all the above)..Pretty damm good mexican food TOO!.Great food to say the least(I would say that if it wasn't my kin)

I'm always going to the AmVets in Thornport, such as this evening & you're right about their price of gas. I keep telling myself I wanna check out the buffet
I drive through on the way to and from work and it seems to avg 15-20 cents cheaper a gallon then most other stations in the area.They only got 4 pumps and a small parking lot and its always full:smiley_depressive:....

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If woody ended up closer to zanesville I would recommend my cousin's place Bills Real Pit BBQ,just north of Zville on State route 60.(slightly more family oriented)

That is some awesome BBQ at bills, kept me alive when I was at Muskingum. Another good BBQ place is on 62 just south of Johnstown.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Hmmm might have to try to make an excuse to get to those places.. Newark was like 1.5hr drive, not sure bout Zville from Kings Island (basically where I live) and in the RAM thats a good amount of gas, especially if the Marathon dont have any that day..

Thanks for the updates and info bout the other places!