Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One less vote for Obama in Ohio

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
One person was shot and killed this afternoon in Boardman.

Police say a burglar broke through a sliding glass door at a home on Lockwood Boulevard just before 3:30 p.m.

The homeowner was in the kitchen at the time and shots were fired. Boardman police say the suspected burglar has died. The coroner is at the scene.
A suspected getaway driver tried to leave the driveway of the home after the shooting, but was blocked in by a school bus. The driver then attempted to flee the car on foot but was quickly caught and taken into custody.

The homeowner is also being questioned. Police are waiting on a search warrant to gain access to the home after the homeowner denied police entry.

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/lo...Boardman/DHonj3E6wE-rn-DzIuREaw.cspx?rss=3101

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We'll see what happens on this.... my question is why the denial of entry too the police who are investigating a justifiable shooting?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
He wasn't denying entry, he wasn't going to let them search the whole house. He backed down and agreed to the search.

I was at a gunshop and about 4:00 one of the guys(a former cop) got a text from a cop on the scene about it.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I wouldn't want my whole house searched. I've got nothing to hide, but since he's not the criminal, so why would the whole house need searched?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wouldn't want my whole house searched. I've got nothing to hide, but since he's not the criminal, so why would the whole house need searched?

Agreed. Also. if you consent to an open search anything they find during that search can be used against you if it's illegal. A search warrant however must specifically dictate what they are looking for, anything they find outside of the scope of the warrant will have to be left alone and they will have to secure another warrant for that. If I need to have permits and paperwork to do anything with them right down to getting tags for my truck. Then bet your ass I will make them get paperwork to search my house.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep, I won't let them search a damn thing of mine without a warrant. Should be easy to get if they need it. If I get pulled over and ask to search my car the answer is no, period. They will probable cause but that gives me a leg in court...doubt it is ever needed but...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I've had a search warrant shoved in my face a time or two, (the last time I was in cuffs watching a swat team pour through the door) I know to ask for them now.
bet nobody messes with that guys house again.