Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chaw

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I chew in the stand redman fine cut straight snuff Spit off the right side. I've never seen a deer have a problem with it.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm a Redman Silver Blend guy myself, but I'll buy Golden Blend, Trophy, or Levi from time to time to mix it up. I spit outta the stand and have never seen it be an issue.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Damn i just threw up in my mouth...,i had some bad experiences with chew. I was puking outta a car in front of the courthouse at two in the morning. That was the first of many bad experiences. If i smell it i start getting sick.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Damn i just threw up in my mouth...,i had some bad experiences with chew. I was puking outta a car in front of the courthouse at two in the morning. That was the first of many bad experiences. If i smell it i start getting sick.

I can't dip or I'll puke. My first rub was Cope fine and I've never been so sick. Had some chew shortly after and never looked back. If you crack a can open with me, you better roll the window down!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In my experience, deer don't seem to mind chew spit. The only thing you gotta watch is spitting onto dry leaves... That's noisy as hell. I spit down onto the truck of the tree if possible so it doesn't make any extra noise. I've had deer lick it right off the base of the tree.

rrr

Yea they dont mind it, I dip in the stand all the time. JBrown is right about the leaves though, it falling down can make a big splat so ya gotta be careful where ya aim. A spitter would be too much movement IMO. The only problem I have is that my facemask just has a hole for my eyes/nose so I just dont spit that much.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yea they dont mind it, I dip in the stand all the time. JBrown is right about the leaves though, it falling down can make a big splat so ya gotta be careful where ya aim. A spitter would be too much movement IMO. The only problem I have is that my facemask just has a hole for my eyes/nose so I just dont spit that much.

Face Paint ;)

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Im with ya joe...war paint only. I chew grizz straight all the time. I have never seen a deer get spooked by it.
I do the same thing though, spit down the trunk of the tree,no noise

just make sure when ya spit no one is under neath ya , my buddys son was hunting with me one day and he sat against the tree below me , i kinda forgot he was there leaned over and splat , right on his lap , needless to say i didnt come out of the tree anytime soon , i had a pissed of 15 year old waiting for me at the bottom