Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Too bowhunt and bowshoot hot sauce recipe

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
HOT SAUCE RECIPE

Here's what I throw together for the hot sauce I put on my boneless,skinless chicken thighs I had at the TOO hunt and bowshoot. Remember, I don't measure out anything, I just sprinkle in this or pour that and squirt this(the mustard!!!! you sick bastages )
I usually make this just before grilling something like hot wings,chicken tenders or B-S chicken thighs.

Pour one large bottle of Franks Red Hot into large bowl(one you can pour back into bottle if you have one)
then add:

1/2 bottle of liquid smoke (maybe more)
1/3 bottle of LaChoy lite Soy Sauce (maybe more)
2-3 good squirts of Frenches Yellow mustard
sprinkle in garlic powder (estimately 1/2 teaspoon)
sprinkle in grounded black pepper (estimately 1/2 teaspoon)

Then whisk it up real good. Insert finger TOO taste.

It should look the color of Heinz 57 steak sauce and you should see plenty of flecks of the garlic powder and pepper in it.
The soy sauce sweetens the taste and if you want more kick you can add some ground cayenne pepper as well.
So basically just add more of this or that till you get the perfect taste. (Whisk it up real good between additions and tastes)

I then pour the sauce back into the Franks RH bottle and use the rest left over for what you are grilling. I put liberal amounts of the sauce on each side before and after turning by shaking the bottle over each piece and then using a cooking brush. I also add more after moving them off the heat and onto the the upper rack on the grill just before serving.The bottle is great for keeping in the fridge for later grilling. I also like to keep extra bottles on hand of different flavors(hotter,sweeter or tangy) so don't throw away your Frank bottles, just reuse them. Hope you enjoy!