Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gonna get bad?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am an armchair meteorologist thanks to a decade of being a weather watcher. IMO, it'll get nasty here, but we'll be spared a lot of major damage. I think the worst part will be 3-4 days of shit hunting weather...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Due to the high winds...there's a large spool advisory for kite flyers. :smiley_crocodile:

Sorry...had to add to the "sky is falling" theory.

Bowhunter57

rotflmao

I'm actually looking forward to the wind, it should knock the rest of the leaves outta the trees and blow them outta my yard and into the woods across the road! No raking for me!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't see it happening in NW Ohio. Lows of 34 tomorrow night and 37 Tuesday night. We "could" see snow at these temps but the ground temps are pretty warm yet. IF we get some snow in these parts, I would foresee a very wet/heavy snow. Great for making snowmen, not much fun to plow, but I doubt we see it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Winds the next few days are going too either keep out of the woods or on the ground..... I'll look at the weather when I wake up and make my decision.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They told everyone at work to be prepared to be in new jersey for storm duty for 15 days!

Oh no! The only thing worse than missing the rut is missing the rut for work. Only thing worse than missing the rut for work is missing the rut for work AND be in New Jersey for 15 days. lmao

I was thinking since they are wiping the Jersey Shore off the map with this storm, the country as a whole might benefit. I say this with the disclaimer: I just watched on TV today show, they believe everyone has been evacuated. Nobody there but the idiots with the TV cameras.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
This is the exact same weekend that a strom similar to this hit last year. I missed the rut last year. I opted out of this storm, I havent got strong holed into it yet. I told them 15 days is too long for me to be away and I had vacation planned. I am not missing the rut this year...

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My parents live at the highest elevation point in Greenbrier County, WV. They have 5 inches of snow now and it is calling for 30 inches of the white s&*&^%!

They can keep it, I hate snow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My parents live at the highest elevation point in Greenbrier County, WV. They have 5 inches of snow now and it is calling for 30 inches of the white s&*&^%!

They can keep it, I hate snow.

You're in the wrong neck of the woods Diane if you hate snow :smiley_clap: You need too head about 300 miles south :smiley_coolpeace:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hang on Jesse... Well at least your leaves are gone or if they're not they will be..... :smiley_coolpeace: