Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rivers Edge Relax Wide (Ladder Stand)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looked around and decided too pick up a couple of new tree stands for a property I'm starting too pay more attention too and after reading some (and forgetting Phil was a dealer) :smiley_depressive: I settled in for the Rivers Edge Relax Wide 17' ladder stand..... Assembly was easy and the directions were written too where it wasn't confusing , was assembled in about 20 minutes and as usual I let them sit out for a couple of days too air them out so too speak…. My buddy and I went yeaterday morning in the rain and set them up and after we set both of them up and cleared shooting lanes I went home too dry my clothes and too shower for the afternoon hunt…. Arrived on stand @ 2:30 and sat till 7:45 with no sightings (can’t blame that on the stand lol) sat the whole time and gotta say the stand was very comfortable and quiet when I did move too see what a little noise was behind (dang squirrels) no noise was made by the stand at all and I have quite a few other makes that I can’t say that about….
The shooting rest took me a little time too get used too, as it’s not like the others I’m used too, the rest slides down over the pins attached too the front of the stand and you lift one side off and rotate it off too the side, most of my other stands pivot up and down, but after being in the stand twice the last two days with full gear I kinda like that method of moving and not having too pull off the back pack while standing on the ladder…. The mesh seat conforms too the back and butt and is kinda ergonomic so too speak and and I can see all day sits in it being a lot more comfortable than I’ve gotten out of my other stands…..
The only thing I can complain about with this stand is the seat too foot rest could be about an inch or two higher, I have too move my feet out over the edge of the foot rest too stretch the legs out and think if they raised the seat (or lowered the foot rest) a couple of inches I think that would be the ticket….

All in all though I give it thumbs up and wouldn’t have an issue getting some more in the future if I need any more that is…. Lol…. Oh and if I do I’ll be calling YOU Phil……

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I own Gorilla, Big Dog, Rivers Edge, Millenium, Summit, and several others which I hunt out of. While the Millenium has it's place and is quite comfy, I must say in my opinion the Rivers Edge tree stand lineup has the most overall comfy stand for the money. Sure, they cost a bit more than a Sniper or Big Dog. They are also quieter, more comfortable, and seem to last longer. Truly one of those "you get what you pay for" tree stands but you don't pay thru the nose. I am glad you like them J!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I own Gorilla, Big Dog, Rivers Edge, Millenium, Summit, and several others which I hunt out of. While the Millenium has it's place and is quite comfy, I must say in my opinion the Rivers Edge tree stand lineup has the most overall comfy stand for the money. Sure, they cost a bit more than a Sniper or Big Dog. They are also quieter, more comfortable, and seem to last longer. Truly one of those "you get what you pay for" tree stands but you don't pay thru the nose. I am glad you like them J!

Yeah Phil, I looked at them for a while before pulling the trigger on them than just decided what the heck they look good and the display was sturdy and seemed quiet and like you said they are a little more pricey but again there's very little comparison too the cheaper stands and I have a few of those as well that I went cheap on, but from now on I'm sticking with comfort for them all day sits.....