Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What "rubs" you?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I love big rubs more than just about any other aspect of the fall woods and they are popping up all over the place right now. Let's see what you "rubs" you guys!!!

I found the first four of these rubs in a 100 yard area of one another this afternoon. The first two confirmed the direction of travel I anticipated in the new area I scout. Whatever buck made the first rub, walked right past the tree I picked out!!!

These were Strouds rubs..

My all time favorite...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
uploadfromtaptalk1351431966794.jpguploadfromtaptalk1351431985960.jpguploadfromtaptalk1351432002488.jpg

I have a stand 40 yards from the last one and believe I will be throwing a set of sticks and aMillennium receiver by the 1st 2 pics.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

this tree has never been hit before. must be a decent rack to scratch up the tree next to it

this one is about 20 yards away. been getting hit on three sides. fresh scrapins on the ground on a windy day. tells me hes been there recently

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I walked close to 4 miles on pipeline right of way in Monroe County last week and while we didn't see any deer, we found a ton of sign! One area was a no brainer hunting spot to the point of being one of the best spots I have ever been in. The first rub is from that spot. The last two were 100 yards apart along a scrape line in an area big bucks HAVE to be. I was drooling the whole way through there...

Buckmaster

Portage
From the archieves. The buck had two big trees scarred up.

This one measured 58 inches.

My buddy missed that deer at 20 yards. The largest of his life, and never seen that deer again.

Attachments

• Big Rub.jpg
    Big Rub.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 120

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
25 years ago we had a bad ass out here that used a old phone pole just inside the woods.
Ya. the last one gives me wood. lol
Bastard only shows up on the cams between 1 and 5 AM. Not 1 daylight picture in 3 years...

Except once when I was ridding through on the 4 wheeler. It took me hours to clean the mess off the seat!
He was "locked down" on a doe.

Last edited: