Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Tex/Mex Dip

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
This is for a half size of what I brought to the Strouds Hunt.

8x8 Casserole dish
One package of cream cheese softened
4 cups of chili (I used my deer chili but Hormel chili in a can will work. If you want that venison chili recipe let me know and I will post it here also.)
teaspoon of paprika (optional)
half teaspoon of dried cilantro (optional)
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
package of mixed shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar and jack mix)
Jalapenos (optional)

I basically doubled this for the hunt.

Mix softened cream cheese, chopped onions, paprika, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and cilantro. Spread this mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Now spread the chili on top of the cream cheese. I said 4 cups but that is just an estimate. I usually put enough chili so it comes to just about a 1/4" under the top of the dish. One can of Hormel would also work (I don't like using as much of it). Layer some jalapenos on top of the chili. I am usually pretty liberal with them but they are optional since you get some heat from the chili. Put a thick layer of shredded cheese on top and spread evenly.

Really wanna kick it up? Add a tablespoon of red pepper flakes or any other dried peppers (I like habanero of some type) to the cream cheese also.

Microwave for 5-6 minutes or place in over on 325 until the cheese is completely melted. Enjoy...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
It was awesome.
I think it was great that Charles showed some pride in his heritage and shared this mexi-dish with us

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
And too top of off.... he then back pedals and said he's Irish and German.... Dang kids..... rotflmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It was some awesome chip dip. I will have to make some if I go over to my B-I-L or uncles house. Nobody but me would eat it if I made here at the house.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Charles reminds me of my dog....
A true mutt...but really intelligent, faithful, good hearted, and none of the foolishness that comes with dealing with a high-maintenance purebred.

And she's really hairy and sheds alot

maggie.jpg