Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE A little red truck

Huckleberry Finn

This truck is available for a loving home.

I know ya'll are hunters, and this is nearly the ideal hunting rig. You can easily fit a duffle bag, bow case, 2 rubbermaid smoke totes, and a frozen button buck in the bed. Mature does also fit, just ignore the looks from the old lady in the next parking lot if you're loading one in a Walmart parking lot. For that matter, rabbits, squirrels, and turkeys feel right at home in the bed, and you'll never forget your harvest when some of blood drips into the channels of the drop-in bedliner. The seats fold down for a perfect spot to put a .22 and I can attest that the hood is a good leaning spot for shooting coyotes. With the tailgate down, the hard cover on the bed makes an excellent rest for sighting in a gun. I never got it stuck, thanks to the 4.3 engine, but damn if I haven't spun some tires getting out of pull-offs and a steep, icy driveway while rabbit hunting. The interior is in good shape, only a few copenhagen stains on the side of the driver's seat and a slight smell of hickory smoke.

There's a lot of added value too. The remote starter works great if you get freaked out walking out to your truck in the dark after you've gotten skunked from a hunt. The tan colored spot on the tailgate looks like it's rustolum spilled while driving between oil tanks, but it's really a professional epoxy job fighting rust. The interior dome light works, I suppose, but it's been shut off from turning on automatically for years because no one wants to announce your arrival to the edge of that corn field.

Of course, it's a chick magnet and the middle arm rest folds down - just tilt that steer wheel up and you're good to go. Along those lines, the truck backs up unnoticed into oil well roads in two states and it's great for dates: nothing impresses a woman more than when she checks her makeup in the overhead mirror and the cover falls into her lap. Find a good one, and she'll learn to use two hands to open it. The manual door locks really weed out the prissy women from the good ones, if she can't wait til you get in and lean over to open her door, she ain't worth keeping.

It's been a one-owner truck. Never figured out how two people could own it at the same time. Seriously though, an old man did own it before me - I found his orange colored peanut butter crackers under the seats for years. There was another owner in it between me and him, some kid named Capt Ernie that said he was selling it so that he could "ride off into the sunset".

This truck would be great for a high schooler or college kid, too. Nothing says "stay in school, kid" like driving 75 mph down 71 because it's a 100 degree day and the air conditioner hasn't worked for a year. You'll have no worry about your son or daughter being distracted by their phone, because you can't hear a damn thing due to the window seal that's a little loose.

Let's face it guys, nothing says 'Merica like a red Chevy pickup. The 4.3 engine will squeal the tires like there's no tomorrow and any redneck would love a truck that comes with 5 additional tires, and at least three or four extra rims. This truck is a proven machine and has taken two cats, several possums, a young family of raccoon (that was a great night), a groundhog or two, and one dog...kinda. Dang dog rolled, flopped his tongue out, and got back up and walked up the driveway, still kicking today.

If you're looking for a work truck, you couldn't ask for a better one. It's too small to put any serious lumber in it or haul anything more than 1 yard of mulch, annually. This is one of the few trucks that you can own and no one will ask you borrow it when they move. With an old sheet, the hard cover makes for a great platform for painting, and yes, the girl I was with that night was so impressed I got all the way to first base.

She runs good, but can be stubborn if you don't play country music. Her namesake is the the red-haired cowgirl from Toy Story.

This truck also is a little infamous. She was pictured in the best parking tour complaint ever given to a certain institute of higher learning in western Pennsylvania. And, she's been the center of an illusive hunting product smuggling ring, known as the Hillbilly Express across the great state of Ohio. She's made runs to Washington County, Coshocton, Columbus, Delaware County, Perrysburg, Lima, Medina, and Cleveland.

jesse.jpg

I miss her already.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First base once huh? Does it run good? Just not good enough to get you all the way home? lol

I am sure it will make someone a nice lil' truck. What are you asking Huck? How many miles?

Huck have you ever have sexual relations with "Jessie"? You seem alittle attached and I dont know what they taught at your collage. There are people who make love to there cars.
Just sayin'

[video=youtube;q0S642NtHtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S642NtHtE[/video]

:pickle:

I in all seriousness thats a good funny story steve. I feel the same way about my Toyota its a great truck

Last edited: