Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frankenstorm could cause upwards of 1 billion

Have you guys been watching the predictions for this storm? The percentages of how bad it's going to be is getting higher. :smiley_chinrub:

Originally, (Monday and Tuesday) it was predicted to produce 5"+ of rain in the New York east coast area with increased damages due to the high tide. Virginia, Maryland and eastern New York could get a foot of snow. As far inland as western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio were to get 2" to 4" of snow.

However, this has been updated to 10" of rain, 2 foot of snow for Virginia/Maryland and as much as 8" of snow for eastern Ohio. Power companys have been cancelling vacations and preparing for assisting the east coast damages. The percentages of this happening, according to Federal weather predictions is 90%.

Looks like it's going to be a doosey! :smiley_blackeye:
http://news.yahoo.com/hurricane-sandy-expect-north-carolina-massachusetts-ohio-191914724.html

Bowhunter57

badger

*Supporting Member*
It always amazes me the hype that the media puts in to these storms. It's not even going to be a hurricane just a tropical storm. Ohhhhhhhhh so scary.

Agreed Joe. Weather related media has turned into a huge reality show type market. Before you know it, Donald Trump will be naming these storms and firing the newscasters.

Huckleberry Finn

It always amazes me the hype that the media puts in to these storms. It's not even going to be a hurricane just a tropical storm. Ohhhhhhhhh so scary.

But if we can kill one black person that was too stupid to leave, we'll have grounds to elect Obama. Cause Mitt Romney dont care about black people like GWB

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
This is the exact same month, same weekend last year when the east coast got hammered. Im not cancelling my vacation. I missed the rut cause mother nature rook a dump on the east coast last year.

Lundy

And to give it some perspective;.........

If we had 16,000 of these billion dollar storms it would equal our current national debt.

If we had 1,400 of these storms (3.84 of these billion dollar storms per day, everyday, for the past year) it would equal this years deficit.

I hope the weather forecasters are wrong and we get nothing close to what they are hyping