Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No deer

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I haven't seen many either. I think tomorrow may be a good day to get out for a long sit.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
yea I am bummed with this weather report, I dont mind hunting in the rain, but I aint going to stick a deer in the rain, unless you make a perfect shot and watch it fall, you aint going to find it, or I wont atleast!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My eyes haven't seen much of anything either, but my cams have... all at night pretty much. With the crazy forecast, the bucks are moving right now. I keep getting pics sent to my phone after I've came out of the woods ... of course.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
was out this morning, saw 4 one good buck with nose to the ground, grunted at hime 4 times never even picked his head up!

Passed on smaller buck, and was going to shoot a nice doe, but she never gave me the chance.

Gordo

Athens County
I just watched some chasing in my buddies back yard. 2 baskets on a doe. Like others said, it inly takes about 10 seconds to impact yoir season this time of year.

Stick with it

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went out around noon. I wanted to move my new cam to a different location. I didn't see anything. I did manage to loose my glasses which I regretted telling my wife.

On the bright side, it was business as usual during the night....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I was very surprised at the lack of movement, I figured in y area once the rain moved off and a couple hours before dark I would see some movement, but I didn't see anything till right at last light.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ok boys figure this one out for me.....

I didnt see shit untill about 30 hour before dark I hear a deer blow, I am smoked up, I have the wind going across my face, the deer is out in front of me. The wind swirled a bit, but for the most it was a North Wind. I hear it blow, then look I can not see it anywhere, must be pretty far away, it waits then blows again, then nothing for 15 mins, then I hear it slowly walk away and blow now and then (Ive seen deer do this before you know what I mean), Do you all think it smelt me, smelt my trail I came in on, was blowing at something else?

I am lost on this one.

Diablo54

Outside
Ok boys figure this one out for me.....

I didnt see shit untill about 30 hour before dark I hear a deer blow, I am smoked up, I have the wind going across my face, the deer is out in front of me. The wind swirled a bit, but for the most it was a North Wind. I hear it blow, then look I can not see it anywhere, must be pretty far away, it waits then blows again, then nothing for 15 mins, then I hear it slowly walk away and blow now and then (Ive seen deer do this before you know what I mean), Do you all think it smelt me, smelt my trail I came in on, was blowing at something else?

I am lost on this one.

Probably saw you