Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oakswampers 2012 small line

oakswamper

around Toledo
Gonna start my trap line this year and take a lot of pics until they call me to have my third surgery on my elbow (going to UM this time and I will have my Buckeye gear on when I go.. will post pics ;))

I have all my traps dyed and waxed and ready to go, can't wait for season to start. I'm still lookin for a few places to trap rats, gonna take a ride to look the next couple days.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking forward to following along for the ride. I enjoy reading about your adventures and respect you guys that trap. Seems to be a dieing breed or a lost art.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking forward to following along for the ride. I enjoy reading about your adventures and respect you guys that trap. Seems to be a dieing breed or a lost art.

Plus I have a "man crush" on Badger. (In a non-gay way.) :smiley_crocodile:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Good luck out there Oaks, I hope you do well again this year...sorry to hear about the elbow surgery, hopefully you get a good amount of successful trapping in before they call you up for surgery....As always, can't wait to see your pics. Go Bucks!

oakswamper

around Toledo
Got a late start yesterday and only got a few sets out. Checked the sets this morning and set a few more then went and scouted a creek for rats only to find out someone already was there... So I'm still looking for spots.

Here is a couple pics of sets I made

This is a fox set in hay field

this is a snare for yotes in my pasture

oakswamper

around Toledo
the first fox of the year
caught in hay field set above

then of course I cant go a day with out catching one of these idiots, pisses me off I have to remake set

Diablo54

Outside
I thought about making a video on how to catch grinners. I bet we caught 150 of em last year. All I would have to do is make a fox or Yote set in my video and then I'd have a a possum in the am'

oakswamper

around Toledo
I thought about making a video on how to catch grinners. I bet we caught 150 of em last year. All I would have to do is make a fox or Yote set in my video and then I'd have a a possum in the am'

LOL good idea, the sad thing is I know I'm gonna catch a bunch at that set cause it was a young possum and I will catch all his brothers and mom and dad. But it's a real good location for yotes so I will have to put up with them :(