Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rage Chisel Tip Review

at1010

*Supporting Member*
cool review, weird thing about rage is that either you see deer run a long ways or die very quickly!

I never killed on with rage, but I have watched many reviews and this seems to be common.

Derek j

Knox Co.
The whole rage discussion has been beaten so many times that its not even funny anymore. Either you use them or you don't. I personally have never lost a deer when shot with a rage (9+ and growing), and none ever went past 60 yards. I bought the T3's just to try them, and really like them also. I truly believe that if you make a good, sound shot on a deer, that any broadhead will perform flawlessly. Make a marginal shot, and you would cuss any of them the same.

Edited to correctly correct iPhone autocorrect....lol

whack

I am. Someone asked me to try a rage. I had posted video documentation of the recovery of this one but pulled it. My statement sums up what I thought. Perfect double lung and pin drop blood trail does not equal satisfaction in my eyes. Exit hole much smaller than entrance I know the muzzy would have been the same going out as going in

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got ya. I killed a mess of deer with them when they first came out and watched most of them fall. It caused the most carnage I've ever seen on 6 year buck. Broke rib on the way in, cut his liver in two, chopped off the top 1-2" of both lungs and stuck in the dirt. It was unreal.

I made the switch to Slick Tricks after a couple less than desirable blood trails where the slit was horizontal and above midline. (Shooting at eye level deer.) I also wanted to remove the variable of a mechanical. But the Rages definitely kill 'em dead!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For sure. But the worst malfunction of all time for me was the G5 Tekan II with the new heat treated coating that didn't open. I still killed that deer, but I was pissed when I opened her up...

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I have had fair to good blood on the 3 deer I shot with Rage. The one I shot last year, I wasn't impressed with the blood, but he fell within 60 yards, in sight, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Ran full speed 60 yards, stopped, fell over...

They do tend to open holes that fixed blades will not... I've had no penetration issues with them, but it's all about KE when shooting an expandable.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have had fair to good blood on the 3 deer I shot with Rage. The one I shot last year, I wasn't impressed with the blood, but he fell within 60 yards, in sight, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Ran full speed 60 yards, stopped, fell over...

They do tend to open holes that fixed blades will not... I've had no penetration issues with them, but it's all about KE when shooting an expandable.

Wee little slick trick. lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351270821.095537.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not so sure about that. I know every deer I've shot with them looked like they were shot with a slug. Im always surprised at the hole such a small head leaves. Hicks has a couple posted on here with large holes also. Personally I think it's the blade angle. It's almost like it pops them open.