Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Job Leads

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey all I am getting ready to graduate in a few weeks, and I am a marketing major, with a focus on Sales from The Sales Centre at Ohio University.

I am not asking for a job, just any leads if anyone knows of any. I have had a few interviews already, but like to keep options open, and I am really looking for the best overall fit for my skill sets, and my personality.

Thanks again, I know this is not the most professional way, but I thought it couldnt hurt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dang dude, we have the same degree! Good luck find a career moreso than a job. With your degree, you can really do anything. Hell I went from selling paint to working in oil and gas!!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Dang dude, we have the same degree! Good luck find a career moreso than a job. With your degree, you can really do anything. Hell I went from selling paint to working in oil and gas!!!

I would love to get into Oil and Gas but it aint easy.

I am mostly looking for marketing, and or selling.

If you are familiar with The Sales Centre at Ohio University it is only 1 of 50 schools in the nation that teach sales. They sales curriculum is very in depth selling techniques plus many out side the class room activities that work on career development.

I am not asking for a miracle, just some leads, maybe send ya my resume or something.

Thanks all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Best of luck. Experience is key in sales. Hope you were able to make it thru school without much debt. (Don't answer this. It is not a question but a statement. Major problem in our society. Nobody's business but yours though.)

Sales is a broad area. You should be able to get in someplace and at least get your feet wet and some experience for your resume.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Best of luck. Experience is key in sales. Hope you were able to make it thru school without much debt. (Don't answer this. It is not a question but a statement. Major problem in our society. Nobody's business but yours though.)

Sales is a broad area. You should be able to get in someplace and at least get your feet wet and some experience for your resume.

Thanks Hicks, The Sales Centre has prepared me with probably more experiance than the average college student. I have had 3 heavily based sales classes, I have also had a 300 hour internship, I have had dinners/lunches with Corporate Partners with the center, and I this past summer I went to Spain to work with their largest bank on a school project for two weeks.

I am by no means and expert, but I have learned a few things other then just classroom based knowledge. I thought that by righting on here if someone just had any type of lead it would be helpful. Again I do have a few interviews lined up already, but I am looking to keep all options open for myself.

Thanks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you really want to get in to oil and gas, we might be able to do some business. Maybe you should motor up my way one day and we'll grab lunch...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If you really want to get in to oil and gas, we might be able to do some business. Maybe you should motor up my way one day and we'll grab lunch...

Sounds great Jesse, I can bring my Resume, ill PM you so we can talk more in depth.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds good AT. Wasn't trying to be offensive or rain on your parade or something. I am truthfully not familiar with the Sales Centre you have referred to. Sounds like a nice school. Not your typical community college or even 4 year college. The business classes I took at OSU were hardly what I feel would prepare me for sales and marketing. In all fairness, I did not finish my 4 year degree. Maybe the upper level classes would have left me with more debt and no further ahead? Maybe they would have better prepared me to run a property maintenance business? lol

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hicks yea I go to Ohio University, The Sales Centre is just a organization within Ohio University's business school. The organization has been founded and run by some very experienced business men/women. The rejection rate of students who try to get into it is actually like 50 percent! They have taught us a lot of classes that work with the buying process, dealing with rejections, SPIN selling, etc.

Its a really cool program, I am a driven student also, I was able to complete my degree plus the curriculum do get my Sales Centre certificate in 3.5 years. I am very proud of this and I look forward to taking my effort in the classroom into the real world!

Huckleberry Finn

Hey, wouldn't be the first time someone got an internship/job offer through TOO. Just sayin :smiley_coolpeace:

(Thanks Ryan)

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks all who have posted and helped, I just am looking for some leads, suggestions, etc.

Thanks guys, you all are true sportsmen, a LOT better then the guys on other sites!