Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Steve Esker

RUT NUT

Anyone hear about this guy shooting another GIANT buck this year? I had a buddy send me this pic today. It looks to be a different buck then the pics I've seen in previous years. Supposedly his 4th buck over 200 inches?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350951980.995128.jpg

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea he killed it a few days ago, like the 16th I think. His 4th 200"+ deer! Yes another urban deer, I dont know anyone killing 200" deer in big mountain coutry year after year lol. He had trail cam pics and everything just didnt post for obvious reasons until the deer was dead.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea he killed it a few days ago, like the 16th I think. His 4th 200"+ deer! Yes another urban deer, I dont know anyone killing 200" deer in big mountain coutry year after year lol. He had trail cam pics and everything just didnt post for obvious reasons until the deer was dead.

Don't tell that too Mountaineer...... rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell of a deer, but I ain't impressed. I'd bet a pay check he couldn't hunt his way out of a paper bag if you dropped him off at Strouds Run. The deer are all impressive, but we'd do that TOO with his $ and access. Start doing it with a stick bow and I'll give ya some props Steve.

Reactions: Shoot-straight

Huckleberry Finn

Hell of a deer, but I ain't impressed. I'd bet a pay check he couldn't hunt his way out of a paper bag if you dropped him off at Strouds Run. The deer are all impressive, but we'd do that TOO with his $ and access. Start doing it with a stick bow and I'll give ya some props Steve.

Agreed. I'm impressed with the deer, but not the hunter.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You can't kill 'em where they ain't. I have a level of respect for the guys that put in the legwork to get into these areas. I won't bother doing it, and I am not going to feel jealous of anyone that does. Heck of a nice deer, but trophies are relative. If you can occasionally kill the biggest buck in your neighborhood, you've still killed the best available, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that, I think. They aren't that dang big in my neighborhood!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
so he hunted in an urban area, with a food plot in an area no one else hunts and killed a big deer?

SWEEEEEEET! Deer is impressive, nothing else, crossbow? Did he kill it wearing blue jeans too?

Everything I heard about this guy just rubs me the wrong way, dont know him personally, but just from what I have heard.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You can't kill 'em where they ain't. I have a level of respect for the guys that put in the legwork to get into these areas. I won't bother doing it, and I am not going to feel jealous of anyone that does. Heck of a nice deer, but trophies are relative. If you can occasionally kill the biggest buck in your neighborhood, you've still killed the best available, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that, I think. They aren't that dang big in my neighborhood!

This post echoes my thoughts on this pretty well. What's more impressive... killing a 200-incher in an area thick with Booners, or killing a 160 on public land? Personally, I think the public land 160 is more impressive, but that's just me. Either way, if you kill the biggest buck available you're doing something right. That's a heck of a deer, no doubt.

Damn... you'd think after #3 he'd at least give a compound bow a try... :smiley_blackeye:

I kid, I kid. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Careful guys. You might get called jealous. Lol. A nice buck indeed though. Much respect to the buck for the growth. As for the kill. Ehh.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I do believe I may know where this deer came from. Anyone know what he drives? I believe it was him we seen scoping 2 dandy bucks one evening. If all this is connected, you wouldn't wanna believe where it came from.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I do believe I may know where this deer came from. Anyone know what he drives? I believe it was him we seen scoping 2 dandy bucks one evening. If all this is connected, you wouldn't wanna believe where it came from.

Somewhere in Columbus and lets leave it at that. Even though I don't agree let's not throw his spot up on the Internet. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Didn't the eskers recently have some legal troubles?

Not sure about recently but his brother Scott was a few years ago. Multiple trespassing charges lost his license etc. He got his records expunged a couple years ago. Their buddy Stevens who shot a slob last year got his sealed too, trespassing etc.