Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

More talk than shot

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well I had just a great day with our very own Badger today. He drove up to my place to spend the better part of the day walking in our woods with a 22.
We spend the first half of the day just walking in the woods, pointing out things to each other like animal tracks and plants. He got to hear some history of the area dating back to the mid 1800's.

I gotta say it was interesting. Two "seasoned" outdoors men and yet we were still finding little meaningful details or tid-bits to share or compare. It was a very worthwhile walk. We jumped or saw 4-6 fox squirrels before finally deciding it was time to at least take 1 each for the sake of our TOO brothers.

I carried the Ruger 10/22. Any question of the scope and such was put to rest with a nice long shot snaked through the hardwoods.
Dale carried my Marlin model 39 with the side-saddle rear peep site. A family gun passed down that I have treasured. It was a pleasure to share that gun with Dale today.

Classic buddy shot

We have some large old trees. Here Dale looks at some carvings from 1900.

Yote Poop. He was telling me how many hours old it was...

And what it had for dinner...

Finally we shut up long enough to hunt. I took the first one.

And he took the second

badger

*Supporting Member*
Good stuff. Badger has some good tastes if he is squirreling with a 39a with a peep.

I was honored to carry that gun, and a good shooter at that!

Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time. It was much needed time with a good friend. I'll be looking forward to more field time with you Jim in the future.

If any of you have not met Jim, make a point to do so. He's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

By the way, I made it all the way to Bristol without buying smokes!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will second the part about meeting Jim. Someone "Dunne good" when they raised those boys.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
:smiley_clap:

Awesome stuff fellas. That right there, along with the Strouds hunt, is why we created this place. TOO is here to foster the brotherhoods that goes with the outdoors and you all are doing a great job at making sure that happens! Well done gentlemen!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Man, that's awesome. Glad you guys got together and had a great time. That's what it's all about. :smiley_clap: