Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trappers Workshops

bigdave

Just to let everyone know there will be many advanced trappers workshops throughout the state. We will be attending the Mercer Wildlife workshop just south of Celina. You must register on the ODNR website to take the trappers ed course. If you don't need to take the Trappers Ed course you can also just attend to learn new techniques taught by the numerous volunteers. The classes will be held next Saturday Oct. 27. PM me if you need the contact info for our organizer to register to attend.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Would this be appropriate for a complete rookie, or only advanced folk?

If I went to a workshop, it would have to be a 101 course

bigdave

Would this be appropriate for a complete rookie, or only advanced folk?

If I went to a workshop, it would have to be a 101 course

Definitely for the rookies thru the advanced folks. We have kids age 8 or 9 thru 65 year old adults. Some have trapped their whole life and some have never seen a trap. They are called advanced trappers workshops by ODNR so that is how I refer to them. If you intend to do this and take the trappers ed test you must register on the ODNR website. I know as of yesterday they had 8 open spots left.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Unfortunately I won't be able to do this Saturday's but I would definitely attend one in the future.
Are future dates on the ODNR website?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I can't make any this weekend either, but it is something I'd like to look into a bit more. I've never been a trapper, but I can see where it would be a blast. Never had a trapping mentor to show me the ropes, but I think I'm getting old enough to learn something new.