Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fred bear lights out bow

any one hear good or bad things about this bow , looking for a new bow for next year , by then my wrist should be 100 percent , and im thinking of going back to compound bows , or any suggestions on any bow , im looking to get a 70 to 72 pound

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
any one hear good or bad things about this bow , looking for a new bow for next year , by then my wrist should be 100 percent , and im thinking of going back to compound bows , or any suggestions on any bow , im looking to get a 70 to 72 pound

I'd get any bow that looks good posed next to your old lady. ;)

Kaiser878

ohio
Not a fan of bear bows! They are way behind in the times. They are super slow compared to the other bows. The only positive thing about them is that they are super duper quiet.

What price range are you wanting to drop yourself into? I cant get you fixed up in a hoyt turbohawk fully dressed out for a pretty reasonable price. Also the new Hoyt Rampages came out recently. THey are the equivalent of the turbohawk for 2011. BEar has been around for a logn time, but their technology has been the same for a long time.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Not a fan of bear bows! They are way behind in the times. They are super slow compared to the other bows. The only positive thing about them is that they are super duper quiet.

What price range are you wanting to drop yourself into? I cant get you fixed up in a hoyt turbohawk fully dressed out for a pretty reasonable price. Also the new Hoyt Rampages came out recently. THey are the equivalent of the turbohawk for 2011. BEar has been around for a logn time, but their technology has been the same for a long time.

You might wanna take a look at the new carnage that is coming out. I am buddies with a bear rep and I got to shoot one last week. Could'nt tell the diff. between it and my Z7....

Kaiser878

ohio
You might wanna take a look at the new carnage that is coming out. I am buddies with a bear rep and I got to shoot one last week. Could'nt tell the diff. between it and my Z7....

REally? I saw they had some new models coming out. Wasnt sure about the specs on them though. Well its good to see them get up with the times. THE lights out was smooth, but it was way slow! What are the speed specs on the carnage? Two cam or cam and a half?

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
REally? I saw they had some new models coming out. Wasnt sure about the specs on them though. Well its good to see them get up with the times. THE lights out was smooth, but it was way slow! What are the speed specs on the carnage? Two cam or cam and a half?

Go to bear archery and you can see the specs on it. I also shot the mauler and it was a good shooting bow as well. Very quiet and it is reasonably priced. The carnage retails for $850. Mauler package sells for $599 I think???

tuffshot

The Crew

Bear may not be as fast as the other big name bows but they have been inovative for a very long time. They were the first to get the rights to Mathews 1 cam design set up the rest of the bow companys followed and that was back in 95" Their cam design wasn't as good but the did shoot very well and held up.
Funny how perception keeps some in the dark. They have changed, there are several models that are getting them more attention.

blemas

Summit County
Check on Archery Talk, there are guys that sell good used bows all the time. They go out and buy new bows every year and flip their old ones (last years model). You could probably get one loaded up with rest, sight and quiver for a reasonable price.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..

I have a bear lights out and i love it! it's smooth and as Kaiser said it's quit as heck. Good luck with the bow search

Kaiser did u really say there slow an behind the times..HMM seems 2010 Bear attacks at 332-340Fps is slow.Good draw,speed Very impressive..I think there hitting 345IBO for 2011..Pre loaded limbs is that behind the times?/What about dual string suppressors?..My 07 Bear isnt fast..But its quiet an i picked it up for 215$ shipped New in box..Turbohawk is a solid bow..But the attack smokes it in many ways..