Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I have my work cut out for me!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The Minnesota early youth gun season opens up on Thursday. I dont know who is more excited me or my son. He has been doing a lot of work helping out with scouting, checking trail cameras and freshing mineral sites and I am going to do every thing I can to put him on a good deer. Today he comes in from playing with the neighbor kids and says to me...I told my friends that I am going to try and shoot a bigger buck than last year and they all want to watch the footage when we get home Sunday night. Looks like I have my work cut out forme this weekend and I have to try and get him in front of something bigger than this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck. That is a tough one. On one hand you want to see your son smiling from ear to ear. On the other, you want him to know you cannot always succeed in life. Don't want him to be discouraged, but don't want him to have unrealistic expectations going thru life. We all know when it comes to deer, there are no guarantees. I wish you fellas the best of luck!

Huckleberry Finn

Good luck!

Gotta ask, why the heck does the season start on a Thursday? The 18th? That's the most randomass thing I've heard in awhile!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Statewide all of the schools are closed for teacher confrences so they schedule the youth gun hunt for Thursday until Sunday every year during that time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Set him up to try and kill the split G2 buck. He's prolly bigger than the one he killed last year. Lol

Goodluck to you and your son.