Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fall turkey hunting

lee

this is my first year ever turkey hunting and i was wondering if anyone know a good place near Ross county for fall turkey state land is good for me but i dunno what state land is good can anyone help me with this and what area in the state land so far im liking it but it would be so much better if i know where to look..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Go snoop around in Tar Hallow. There used to be a lot of turkeys. but I haven't been there for several years. I used to go down in the spring just to call them in and watch. I've never shot a single turkey there, but I don't think I ever carried a gun.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Can't help you on location, but be prepared to piss off some bowhunters if you are running and gunning for turkeys. You have every right to be there TOO, but some people won't care.

Good luck!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm buying a turkey tag this year, tired of letting them things walk by all day long and not taking one out..... With my luck I'll buy a tag and won't see a single one of them buggers!!!! :smiley_clap:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My buddy Jon and I grew up together, killing and catching stuff. He moved to TN to attend college, and just stayed there. His entire family has since moved down there as well since they liked the area. He has become quite a turkey hunter, but still travels home to deer hunt each fall. He and his father will be around Mao's area this Friday, but he went turkey hunting this morning in TN. They have a bunch of birds, but not as many as they had yesterday. :) Apparently in the fall season you can kill your entire limit in one day.

Attachments

• IMG956609.jpg
    IMG956609.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 155

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Seen 20 plus walk by earlier in the month. Been hearing/seeing more turkey activity then deer. I just can not get into hunting them in the fall. I'd rather be calling them gobbling in the spring. I do have a tag in my pocket though just in case.