Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your prediction on the rut.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
My prediction is November 9th give or take a couple days... Last two years I had grunting , fighting , snort wheezing all kinds of shit happening in my areas around that day!

Gordo

Athens County
Whenever the most does are in heat on said property!!!

One area could be the 9th with another being the 1st, etc. etc. It's a crap shoot! Just gotta hope your in the right area at the right time! Sooooo many variables

epe

Lancaster
Whenever the most does are in heat on said property!!!

One area could be the 9th with another being the 1st, etc. etc. It's a crap shoot! Just gotta hope your in the right area at the right time! Sooooo many variables

Very true man. We have two spots within 10 miles of each other. The rut will be 2 weeks apart at the different spots...

Ricer2231

Yea I know it has a lot of variables, just though I would get everybody's thoughts on it. I have the second and third week of November off so hopefully I will see some action during that time. I shot my buck last year in the second week of November and he was grunting and chasing then so hopefully it will be about the same this year.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I don't think you can go wrong in any of the first three weeks in November. By the third week you could start seeing some of the big boys in lock down. But you could also start seeing them head back out to look for some more as well!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It'll happen when it happens. Like the others said, when the most does in one area are in heat, then you'll see the rut in your area. It is a pretty safe bet it will be during, or around the second week of November as it is every year...

Diablo54

Outside
I think the bucks will chase does again this year and maybe breed them. Normally happens around November when it is cold.. :)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
No matter WHEN it happens...I honestly feel like this is shaping up to be one of the best ruts we've seen. I'm really hoping we don't see the drastic warm up that we have in years past. If we don't, I think the rut is going to be off the hook!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
With the full moon being on the 29th of Oct this year I would venture to say that the first week could be really interesting this year..... Its obviously different between properties and when the does cycle in your area. The rut is def a time where you see alot of movement or nothing! Just bc theres no movement on your property doesnt mean that a mile down the road a guy in seeing bucks from 4 squares miles chasing every piece of tail on his property. Just a matter of being in the right area with the right does.