Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great, just great

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Hank wanted to play with our cat yesterday. The cat freaked, I got hank on the porch and tried to pick up the cat and she bit me hard between my thumb and pointer finger.
Last evening it was pretty swollen so I went to the ER. They perscribed an antibiotic. This morning it was worse and a pretty red streak was going up my arm.so I go to my doctor and he's admitting me into the hospital for IV antibiotics. This really ain't what I need right now. He thought it would only be a day or two.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang Sam, that is one vicious pussy! Sorry, I had to go there! Hope the swelling goes down and the doctor gets you all taken care of man.

Has there been any thought as to the cat having rabies or distemper? Sounds like your wound is turning worse, awful quick. :smiley_chinrub:

Pet or no, I'd have that thing checked and promptly delt with, before someone else gets bit.

Bowhunter57

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
The only way to see if animal has rabies to TOO smash it's head and look at it's brain.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm at the hospital where my wife works. The supervisor put me on her floor so I'm getting the royal treatment.

Thanks for the well wishes

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn Sam.... that sucks.... its not the rabies or distemper that you have too worry about with these types of bites.... its the germs from a dirty mouth that infects the body.... IV antibiotics are the only fix for it.... you can go home with visiting nurses as well.... been through this with my father in-law years ago.... dog bite and same results..... lots of germs in those mouths.....

Sam if you need anything let me know buddy....

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm at the hospital where my wife works. The supervisor put me on her floor so I'm getting the royal treatment.

Thanks for the well wishes

Sounds good. Please don't give us any details. We wouldn't want your wife to lose her job.:smiley_crocodile:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Damn Sam.... that sucks.... its not the rabies or distemper that you have too worry about with these types of bites.... its the germs from a dirty mouth that infects the body.... IV antibiotics are the only fix for it.... you can go home with visiting nurses as well.... been through this with my father in-law years ago.... dog bite and same results..... lots of germs in those mouths.....

Sam if you need anything let me know buddy....

Lucky for Sam its not Wabbit season...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang Sam. That cat got ya good buddy. Hate to hear of the trip to the hospital overnighter but glad to hear your getting takin care of and getting the infection under control.