Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tree Stand Modifications...lets see them

themedic

OHIO
I know alot of guys on here are using the M-100 and LW's. Ide like to see pictures of the changes you have made. I will eat some crow and admit that I bought a M-100 yesterday.......gotta try to make this thing a little more mountable though, i im also thinking about doing some welding on my lone wolf to change some things. Lets see the pics!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I hung my M-100 on Tuesday for a set Daleand I are going to hunt. I useda strap to tightne the bottom part of the stand to the tree. Wit hit just being in the receiver, the bottom semed to wiggle around. I am already leary of the platform being small, but the seat is cooooozy!

I'd like to somehow come up with a better way of hanging that bad boy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The seats are great, but the platform on my M100 benefitted the most from the foot rest. I will get some taped up pictures of it. Other than tape, I did the same modifications Greg suggested in his video. Recently posted pictures of my Summit climber taped up. Otherwise, the only modifications I have are carrying in one of the round camo/blaze orange seat cushions when I hunt from a few of my hangon stands that never leave the woods.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
GREG, JESSE, Do you guys wratchet strap the bottom of the stand to the tree or let it go? Do you shoot in the sitting position or standing? Reason I am asking is because when I stood up it felt a little wobbily on me. likea left/rigt wiggle. I jsut wratched it to the tree and it felt better.

Diablo54

Outside
GREG, JESSE, Do you guys wratchet strap the bottom of the stand to the tree or let it go? Do you shoot in the sitting position or standing? Reason I am asking is because when I stood up it felt a little wobbily on me. likea left/rigt wiggle. I jsut wratched it to the tree and it felt better.

We ratchet to the tree to prevent noise as well

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I use the extra LW strap. Honestly, I am new to this setup and one time the stand was more wobbly than others. Another time it was solid, but I was leaning downhill to one side. Learning curve on hanging it is what I chalked it up to. Another reason to always remain strapped onto the tree.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I use the extra LW strap. Honestly, I am new to this setup and one time the stand was more wobbly than others. Another time it was solid, but I was leaning downhill to one side. Learning curve on hanging it is what I chalked it up to. Another reason to always remain strapped onto the tree.

The trick is to hold the platform up a ways while you cinch the strap tight. That way when you drop the platform, it digs into the tree. It takes a little practice to figure it out, but that will give you a rock solid base if you get it figured out.

Corey: You can see in the picture below the two Lone Wolf verson buttons on the side of the stand at the base and two more roughly mid-platform. (See second pic. There are versa buttons to match on the other side of the stand.) Purchase four versa buttons and an extra strap from Lone Wolf. There are two bolts that are useless on the bottom of the stand, remove those and install the buttons. (Have to ask Greg what hardward he used.) Drill holes in the stand and install the other two mid-way on the platform. When you attach the sticks to the stand, use the extra strap and the two buttons mid-platform to attach those. When you hang the stand, use the extra strap and the buttons at the base of the stand to secure the platform like I described above.

Add a foot rest, cold weather pad, and a Bow Hitch, and you have a Lazy-Boy that will make all day rut sits pass like a breeze...

themedic

OHIO
I had some time to play with this stand yesterday, Its no lone wolf thats for sure. Its a very comfy stand and it will have its place in some hunting situations, but it aint no lone wolf!

First thing that I noticed is how tall the stand is, now i didnt think this would be that big of a issue, but the two crooked trees I tried to put it on, it wouldnt go on. The seat post kept hitting the tree before the mounting bracket does this = you have to use straighter trees.

Also, leverage. Since the stand is so long/tall..when I one arm the stand to hang it...its a beast, Yeah it weighs the same as my alpha....but the leverage make if harder to maneuver.

So anyway....I have a feeling i will trade this for a LW in the near future