Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Welcome to Wild, Wonderful, Washington County

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Growing up around here, we have constantly had reports of strange animals on the loose. There were several game farms in operation years ago and it seems something was always running around starting rumors. From big cats, to bears, to the occasional zebra, you never know what will show up around here. This is just another example of that!

Last week my cousin texted me and described what I thought was an antelope at the time. His buddy had seen one along the road and wondered what it was. It turns out to be a juvenile red stag on the loose here in our county. This is about 10 minutes from my house...

[video=youtube;hXOYyk4JkDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXOYyk4JkDM[/video]

I wonder if it would breed with whitetails. :smiley_chinrub:

If it did...would that make its' offspring a redtail or a whitestag? :smiley_blink:

Seriously, that's a non-native species and can be shot at any time with any weapon choice.
Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A guy I used to work with had Fallow deer running around his place for a time. He was in contact with the WO several times about them, and finally just shot a couple of them. The WO got a little upset with him for shooting them, but it was all legal. Apparently they were hoping to catch them.